News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

National Rifle Association Whittington Center Raton, NM Feb 16-17, 2013

Started by TaosGlock, February 20, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

What an awesome group! Great shooters from the start and with teachable attitudes!
The best of the best of Patriots were here this weekend at the NRA WC for our "Winterseed".
All we got was cold temps and some chilly wind from the snowy peaks and buttes.

Ah, the Land of Enchantement indeed.
And what a better time than to be at Appleseed.

Instructors and shooters can now post pics and your experiences! O0 :---

I will get more up later.

The NRAWC at sunrise. The worlds most beautiful/premier shooting center in the world.

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

Here are a few pics:
Intros and preliminaries. "Oh what a glorious morning is this"-Sam Adams.
And a cold blustery one too!

Tools of the Rifleman:

Slings and prone demo by twh731 and Captwa.

Seated demo by twh731 and Jones.

Seated live fire after demo. Yeah, they got it!!

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

Captwa

Hey,

There was an inch of snow in the campground along with two deer when I set up.  Temps for the weekend were between 13 and 40 degrees, about normal for NM .  Good weather for an IIT0 ! Winter camping! No bugs! Heck, the wind even stayed under 30!

A Noob instructor could not have a better bunch of students. Their intensity and joy were contagious and rewarding as their scores continued to climb throughout the two days. In imparting my meager contributions I myself was gaining yet more knowlege of the craft of the rifleman, from both the attendees and the other instructors. I suspect this will continue to be the case.

Again my thanks to every 'seed instructor I ever had . You gave me the tools.

Yeah, OK, paperwork to follow....

Wa

TaosGlock

Our 2 newest IIT's, Captwa (L) and Jones assisting shooters during prep.

Standing.

At the target line. How big is my group and where is my group?

TaosGlock

Instruction on the firing line with Bluefeather.

IMC by Bluefeather.

"Tour" of the RWVA flags. With no wind!

The flags of our Founders blowing in a 20 mph+ wind!

TaosGlock

Bluefeather does the 6 steps to firing the shot.

And then she fires off the First Strike.

Prone on the firing line.

The world's most awesome classroom with a fantastic group of shooters!

Transition to prone. Git er' done!
And boy, did these shooters do it fast!

TaosGlock

As the sun sets on the final day of this productive weekend, I want to thank all the shooters who made it out to the NRAWC. You are the best of the best.
You never gave up despite the conditions and long days. Keep at it and we hope to see you in April!

The statue of Charleston Heston, "The Scout", at the NRAWC.

Thanks to all my instructors. You make it easy to be a SB. It was an honor to work with all of you as we continue our mission.
And special thanks to NM's newest instructors, Captwa and Jones. See you in April!

And thanks to the staff at the NRAWC for the use of this very special range!

Next shoots are: Apr 20-21, May 17, 18, 19 for the 3 day RBC, Aug. 24-25 and Sept 13,14,15 for the last 3 day RBC.
And stay tuned...we are working on a October date!

Adios!

twh731

As always, the incredible photos illustrate the awesome beauty of the Whittington Center facility in Raton, NM, the animated communication between instructor and student, and the enjoyment experienced by everyone...instructor and student alike.  This particular group of students impressed me as they absorbed the instruction and placed the lessons learned on the targets.  They remained focused and engaged throughout the entire weekend.  I hope to see them all back at our April AS to show us the results of their continued practice.
The new IIT's were awesome and really showed their stuff as they shared personal tips and tricks one on one on the firing line.  A professional and inspiring attitude helped to get the aspiring Riflemen/Riflewomen in the groove quickly.  Special kudos go the TaosGlock and Bluefeather for making each AS a special experience for both the students and instructors.  The faces of everyone involved reflect their generous and calm guidance as they persist to achieve perfection at each Appleseed event.  They make each individual feel important and have the ability to keep everyone focused on the mission at hand.  My wife got to experience her first AS and came away much inspired and eager to attend the next one in April.  Thank you all, student and instructor alike, for making this Winterseed a uniquely wonderful event.  Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

Jones

This was my first shoot as an IIT and it was an amazing experience. All of out students did an outstanding job! I feel that they took all we could offer home with them. The eagerness to learn and achieve was an amazing thing to witness.

Our instructor to student ratio was 1:1

This gave all of the students the opportunity to have the full attention of the instructing staff and they took advantage of it in the best way possible.

I had the chance to work with a few one on one and they applied every word I had to say.

Out of all of the Appleseed shoots I have attended, I think that this group gave 110%. And boy did it show!

As an IIT, I learned a lot from this event. The most important lesson for me was how in tune our staff was and how it benefited the students. Each member took the responsibility of certain tasks without being asked. We all were on the same page all of the time. I could not have asked for a better crew to work with!

Thank you to all of the staff for sharing your knowledge with me and answering all of my questions. I cannot wait for the next shoot!