News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Convention Magazine article

Started by SPQR, February 19, 2013, 11:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

I am looking for 500 to 800 words on long distance shoots in Texas for the NRA Convention magazine.

I am also looking to put a piece in about Scout with a similar size (probably a little bigger).

Waivered pictures would be appreciated in both instances.

PM SPQR if interested.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Scout

I would be glad to send you some pictures if you want them along with the stories of the shooters that were making the shots from 100 to 900 meters with iron sights and surplus ammunition in 25-35 mile an hour winds. I am not sure you can use them though, there is no waiver to go with them. They were taken when Appleseed was still a centerfire rifle organization sporting a make it happen on your own mentality, without waivers, politically correct wording or sensitivity training. Just sayin ........  ;) ;D ^:)^ 
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

SPQR

If the shooter isn't recognizable it is still okay.  We have found that photos centered on instructors often have that element to them and as long as the instructor is cool with it the photo does not necessarily need waivered.  PM the stories and I will Pm you an email address for the pics.  Those old days must have been fun when .308 was cheap and men were men.  I don't like getting sued, though.  It sucks.  Using someone else for purposes not their own without their permission is worse.  Its impolite.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter