News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA Feb 16-17, 2013

Started by StormN, February 18, 2013, 11:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

This is a placeholder for the report to follow. Please feel free to post or comment. Pictures coming soon.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

patriot78

Norm I would like to tell you again how much I appreciated your support and help this weekend with myself and my two kids I look forward to more shoots and reaching rifleman status within the program and working towards being an instructor. I also would like to thank the rest of your family along with the other instructors and shoot boss for all the help and instruction. Another big thank you to rainbow gun club for allowing us to come in to the facility and shoot for the weekend.

Sapling

I am a total newbie to guns.  I am also fiercely patriotic with a love of American history. 

My husband has gone to 2 Appleseeds and assured me it was a "learning friendly" group that would teach me how to shoot a rifle.  I went with my 13 y.o. daughter this past weekend and it was a great experience for both of us. The instructors taught safety and conducted the clinic in an extremely safe and professional way, which as a mom, is important to me. It was nice to let someone else do storytime  :pop:, too, except it wasn't fairytales, it was our national history. Very cool.

The instructors were patient and helpful. I think every one of them helped me with something! From Saturday to Sunday, I could already see my scores improving.  Being a bit competitive, now I'm reading all the literature they sent home with me so I can work on my skills until the next Appleseed.

CANNOT wait to do it again! Thank you to all the volunteers!

jshoebot

As always, a great time was had at a Rainbow Appleseed!  Thanks to all who came out, I really enjoyed working with each shooter and the instructor cadre was great as always!  I look forward to seeing everybody again.  Though I was only there on Sunday, I managed to snap some pictures so here they are!

Catching some shade (kind of)

Sapling, I see you and your daughter!!

IITs showing their stuff with a little centerfire boogie

Alright, I guess those IITs can shoot pretty well..

IIT Nukehayes (Geoff) falling in love with the M1A

Lunchtime!

StormN capturing the attention of all!

Family helping family, IIT Mike instructing his mom in the finer points of marksmanship!
Liberty or death.

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist."

StormN

Thank you for all coming out this weekend - what wonderful company and weather. As promised here are the photo's - Part 1 of 2
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

StormN

Part 2 of 2- what a great looking group of people - wonderful meeting you all!
Thomas Jefferson

Jester

It was a pleasure to help instruct on Saturday! Unfortunately I was only there on Saturday due to a trip that we had planned for a couple of months.

Everyone there seemed to have come prepared with a teachable attitude and were interested and engaged not only on the marksmanship but the history as well.

Some highlights for me were:

Getting to work with Monica who was our Finnish exchange student. She had no idea what to do at all during our first redcoat on Saturday morning, and throughout the day she improved to shooting EXTREMELY well.

Having the mother/daughter combo in Charlotte and Chloe was awesome! Both did very well and seemed to enjoy themselves, and what better way to get in some mother-daughter bonding than behind a rifle!

Listening to Mark (4Posterity) retell the first strike. It's always enjoyable to hear it told, but Mark brought some new details and perspective that I hadn't heard before.

Getting to work with new IIT's and SB's was a big time bonus for me. I picked up a few new tips and methods that I will no doubt implement at future events.

Legacy

Another awesome Appleseed at Rainbow Range! The weather couldn't have been better, and neither could the group of students.

The best Appleseeds are the ones where most of the students are first timers. I love seeing the difference in targets from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.... or that "ah-ha" moment  :slap: you see on their face which is than transferred to the next target they shoot. Saw it with Monica - the foreign exchange student from Finland who had never fired a gun before. Also with Charlotte & her daughter Chloe. These kind of moments are what Appleseed is all about.

Norm - you did great as SBIT!  O0  And, BIG THANKS to Mark and all the other instructors for making it a fun & safe weekend.

We love hosting Appleseed at Rainbow Range. See you all in April!

Debby

"Defending the 2nd Amendment to preserve the 1st Amendment"
Remember their sacrifice. Celebrate our liberty. Cherish your freedom.