News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, ID February 16-17, 2013

Started by George Hacker, February 18, 2013, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Wow - what a wonderful shoot.  This was my first time instructing in Lewiston, Idaho and I was impressed with both the quality of the range and the shooters who participated in last weekend's event.

Thank you, Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club, for your wonderful hospitality.  The hamburgers you cooked for us at lunch were outstanding and it is a comfort to know that your range leadership understands what Project Appleseed is about.  Bob and Jess, it was a pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to spending time with you in the future.

We had 11 shooters on Saturday and 9 on Sunday.  All of them were great to work with.  Thank you for being teachable and applying what you were taught.  We had 2 new rifleman (1 on Saturday on his first AQT) and 4 repeat riflemen.  Since we had a few repeat Appleseeders it was a treat to hear them comment from time to time about the instruction, "Listen to what these guys say about NPOA.  This stuff really works."  Thank you for your encouragement and your support.

There was vast improvement in marksmanship.  Since I was target scorer guy, I got to see the results of the instruction.  Derek started the weekend shooting 136 and he finished shooting 196.  There were a couple of the folks that were knocking on the door to become riflemen.  Emily - you did an outstanding job persevering.  Although she was getting tired on Sunday afternoon, she finished with a bang by shooting in the 160's on a Liberty AQT (40 rounds in 4 minutes).  Huzzah!

We also got a new orange hat - baldsincebirth!  Thank you for stepping up and helping.  He helped with firing line safety on Sunday afternoon and is a quick study.  Rizzin and Transform, it was a pleasure working with you both.  Rizzin, you ran an safe and outstanding shoot.  I appreciate it when you help us on the wetter part of Washington state.  It was nice to come out your way and help.

The only bad thing I can say about the weekend is that I had a deer hit me on the way home.  Thankfully I wasn't injured and my truck was able to make the rest of the journey home without any problems.  The passenger side front fender and both passenger side doors were damaged.  I see a hunting license and some deer tags in my future.  There will be a day of reckoning next fall.

Finally, thank you to the Redneck Clan for hosting the three instructors.  Having warm shelter and warm breakfasts and dinners was very refreshing.  It was most refreshing to spend time at your table in friendly conversation and breaking bread with you.  Thank you all for your friendship and hospitality.  (PS: We got to meet Western Rose's beau, Jeremiah, and he is a very nice young man.)

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Rizzin

I just wish to reiterate what Shadowman has said, this was a truly fantastic weekend and I appreciate all of our shooters coming out. Since Shadowman has stolen most of my thunder in addition to the orange hat taken up by baldsincebirth Emily also stepped-up and took a blue hat.

And now for the important part everybody's been waiting on; the pictures

2 cleared Red Coats Sunday morning

Our new orange hat gets put to work right away.

Somehow the fact that my camera got left behind was not noticed until I was two hours from home, so thank you to Jeff Williams for the loan of his camera. I know a few people had cell phone cameras going hopefully pictures from them will be forthcoming soon.

for the full picture album click here