News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Piru, CA Feb 16/17, 2013

Started by gonejohnny, February 18, 2013, 11:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Thank you to all who came out this weekend. You guys were all fabulous to work with and a pleasure to have as our guests in Piru! This weekend saw nine shooters converge on the canyon range, all ready to shoot and hear some history!

Thank you to Chris, who brought his wife Ronnie and her friend Robin (the clutch for the win of our 2X4-race!).

Rob was a pleasure to work with and showed tremendous improvement throughout the weekend!

Russell, Ryan, Luke... all of you... the very definition of perseverance... Please, to all of you... we really hope to see you again soon! Spend the time dry-practicing and reviewing your hand-outs! We'll make Riflemen out of you yet!

And Matt... So close, man! You're almost there!

If anyone has pictures of feedback from the weekend, please chime in!

Till we meet again on the trail...

Favor center,
GoneJohnny

MR B (549)

Yes indeed. What a wonderful weekend with some fine shooters coming out to our little slice of heaven in Piru. It was a pleasure to see all who attended and to all those who put their best efforts forward I congratulate you all !!!!!  Marksmanship is a journey and persistance is key. Please read the pamphlets and info given in the packets and safely dry practice at home. The information will make allot more sense as you continue on your endeavors. Hopefully you will embarke on a very worthwhile journey and I hope to see you all soon again.

Thanks for making a difference.

Mr B
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Jimbo1022

My two sons Luke age 14 and Gabe age 12 were able to participate this weekend. I wanted to say thanks to Johnny, Jerry and Mr. B for all the hands on instruction and incredibly inspiring stories about our nation's founding. I have posted to my Facebook account and recommended to all my friends but especially those with children.  We will be back and with a Liberty Rifle (or two!).

WalterMitty

Thank you Jerry, Johnny, and Mr. B. While you could have stayed home that weekend you spent two days in a dusty canyon teaching a group of newbees how to shoot. I had a great time, I learned an incredible amount, and I intend to come back and drag some friends along with me.

George Hacker

Quote from: Jimbo1022 on February 20, 2013, 12:56:43 AM
My two sons Luke age 14 and Gabe age 12 were able to participate this weekend. I wanted to say thanks to Johnny, Jerry and Mr. B for all the hands on instruction and incredibly inspiring stories about our nation's founding. I have posted to my Facebook account and recommended to all my friends but especially those with children.  We will be back and with a Liberty Rifle (or two!).

Jimbo1022,

Did you know Southern California Appleseed has a Facebook page?  If not, then like it and share it with your friends as well.

https://www.facebook.com/SoCalAppleseed

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."