News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL 02/09/2013

Started by PHenry, February 12, 2013, 11:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Awesome group, perfect weather, near 50% Riflemen and a solid crew.

What more could an old shoot boss ask for? I've run more events than I can count, but this one stands out. 18 shooters total and 7 Rifleman - five of which was brand spankin' new. Two of them, a husband and wife team are ready to take up the orange hat. Welcome aboard Chris and Maritza! Huzaaaah!

From Bill and Karen who went from not hitting paper and ended  up scoring into marskman range,  to Bob who honed his already impressive skills, to 82 year old Egon who stuck it out for two solid days and shot well - a truly "Dangerous Old Man". It is said that the worst part of aging for any man is reaching a point where other men no longer see you as dangerous. Not so for Egon!

Anyone who was considering attending this event and failed to do so, can go right ahead and kick themselves, for it was one to be remembered. I know I speak for all of the instructors when I say that this event was worth every effort. We all were very well "paid" in terms of seeing improvement in marksmanship and the camaraderie of like-minded Americans. Every town where each of these fine students reside is now a safer place to live and better for their being there.

Congrats to Chris, Bob, Jim, Chris S., Dan, Maritza, Charlie - all who made score!  :--- :---

My hat is off to every student and each of my fellow instructors. Huzaaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

NHale

Thank you to all the attendees. It was great to be on the line with such fine Americans. Shooting next to Maritza and Chris on Sunday was especially gratifying and humbling. I know they will make fantastic instructors and look forward to getting pointers from them. (234? freaking awesome, Ma'am...)

Special thanks to the superb Instructors! This Appleseed was outstanding.

On to other venues, and MUCH more dry firing...

-NHale

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

djgio

Thanks to the instructors for their time and dedication.  The enthusiasm that you all bring to the event is contagious.  I look forward to my next event and putting to work the "learning opportunities" I had on Saturday regarding securing a scope to my rifle.  I am sure a little loctite would have gone a long way.

Congrats to the newly minted Rifleman.  Can't wait to join the ranks.

Take care.

Dan