News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ossian, IN, Feb 9, 2013 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, February 09, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

My toes thawed about and hour and half into the drive home.  Worth it?  Absolutely.

More to come after sleep.  Zzzzzzzzz...
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

It is always a pleasure to travel to the Ossian Conservation Club.  The members are great, the range is perfect, and the food is awesome.  Toss in some American Heritage and some rifle marksmanship...yep, sounds like a winning recipe to me.   O0

You might think that a Winterseed might slow us down.  Might even make people a little sluggish.  Not. At. All.  We finished all the main instruction, including all positions and an AQT (!!!), before lunch!  We took an extended break for lunch to enjoy the homemade chili, hotdogs, and brownies provided, and to hear the 1st and 2nd strikes of the match.  Throw in a good chat with the club regarding preps and promotions for the April 20-21 event, and we had a great break indoors!  The afternoon was filled with more AQTs, the 3rd strike, and Winterseed Rifleman patches all around.  One registered attendee, three Winterseed patches...that's a 300% Rifleman rate, right?   ;)

Mark, congratulations on earning your Winterseed Rifleman patch.  It was a pleasure having you with us.  Thank you for all of your efforts in spreading the message of Appleseed.  If any of you are interested in Revolutionary War reenactments, Mark is your guy.  (Send a PM to Sentinel.  He can get you connected.)

Sentinel and Bryant, thank you both.  You played double-duty as both shooters and instructors, and you played both parts well.  Thank you, and congratulations to you both on earning your Winterseed patches, too.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon, and I look forward to meeting many more at Ossian Conservation Club.  Until next time...pictures!

Mark:

Bryant in the dirt mud and ice with Mark:

And then we make Mark take a turn  >:D:

It's obvious that Mark has figured out this whole shootin' thing:

Sentinel lords over his line:

AuntieBellum

All in this weather:

But worth it for the rewards:

This Appleseed brought to you by Columbia and Carhartt.   ;D

Bryant

This was a great Appleseed.  Low on turnout (Feb weather fears, I'd imagine), but high on building fundamentals and rifleman  :).

Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------