News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka,Fl feb 2-3 AAR

Started by Sly223, February 05, 2013, 03:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

This event started on time, and quickly revealed people among us who knew very well what they are about.
After the saftey briefing, we shot the Red Coat and discovered there was some room for improvement.
The instruction flowed and the students received it well.
The weather started just chilly enough to drive home the thoughts in the minds of the Regulars, that brisk morning when they landed in waist deep ice cold water. Then it got FL beutiful, as it often does while the rest of the country is freezing.
By the end of the day,some layers were comming off! We discovered a Rifleman on our sole AQT for Sat.
Stoneknives has been at it with us for a few events, He was still feeling the effects of some gut surgery, about a month back and perservered through the discomfort, to help express the importance of the Riflemans bubble, and dry fire practice at home. He started the day at about 2MOA and by AQT time had only opened up to 2.5MOA.
He brought his daughter Carolina who had experienced a slight set back, in that she has been off the trail for some time working on education and the other distractions of life at the age of 15. She still did very well!
A young man named Garrett,gave a teachable attitude and showed steady improvement.
It's a good thing because his girlfriend Kelsey, also took instruction well and is soon to be the type our forefathers would be proud to call an American Rifleman(Woman)!BTW she looks good in her pink SLAG hat!
Also we were blessed with a father son team, much like some lost on that morning on the Lexington common! Brian and Charles, Brian took instruction well but has a bad habbit of calling me Sir, this was strange as My father was also on the line. Charles waisted no time applying the points of instruction and quickly improving his marksmanship through the course of the Day.
Did I mention my father was on the line, Thank you Appleseed for enabling me to teach my teacher. This was a very important moment in my life, as I feel I was able to sacrifice and give back to the man that has taught and given me everything.
Saturday was Awsome, Broadside was our sole dedicated shooter for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! He overcame a lot of personal obstacles and his improvement was profetic and profound and he will acheive his goal in the near future.
To my Cadre Big Country, thank you for your hard work and dedication to the program and you never die 7th stepping attitude.
Alkeford, My Rock on Sunday especially, when it is so easy to get off topic and lose focus, because we only had one shooter and he is well known to us! I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS EVENT AND THE FANTASTIC TIME I HAD, THANK YOU ALL!!! ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

alkeford

Thank you sly for the kind words. This event was awesome the students took the instruction in stride,not missing a beat. You could see the improvement after every Point of Instruction. These folks were very eager to learn.
Thank you all.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!