News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Sulphur, LA - January 26-27, 2013

Started by LawDog, January 28, 2013, 05:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

As we rolled up to the range on Saturday morning, I wondered who we could get to design a "GnatSeed" patch.  Sure, shooting in icy weather must be a challenge, but these conditions made every breath an adventure.  Fortunately, as the sun burned off the fog, the gnats and skeeters, like the Regulars, went into full retreat.

Our group of Patriots, in contrast, went on the offensive, attacking every point of instruction and every drill.  This was an event that came together (literally) at the last minute.  But you would not have known that from the enthusiasm displayed.  Revis, with his studious approach, made great strides.  Troy left with talk of coming back and bringing his wife and others.  John arrived a self-described newb, but left with a real confidence in his skills.  And Sean, our only non-first-timer, left  . . . with a Rifleman Patch!!!  Huzzah!

My thanks go to a group of IITs who again demonstrated a superior level of camaraderie and desire to learn: geeck, isleno1963, and jmford.  I also have to call out LA's senior Blue Hat - your progress toward a Patch is wonderful to see. 

jlevendi

I wanted to thank everyone for such an amazing experience at the Appleseed event in Port Sulphur. It far exceeded my hopes for the event, from the focus on safety, to the excellent firearms instruction, and to the history lessons and all that they implied. I plan to come again soon. And repeatedly.

All of the instructors are natural teachers, mixing passion, patience, and positive reinforcement.

I just can't say enough.

And btw, the Blue Hat was indeed quite fierce.

LawDog

John -
Thank you for the kind words.  I know that we will see you - holding a Rifleman Patch - very soon.  And bring some of those fine students with you.  Together, we'll take back higher education! 
Dan