News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN JAN 26-27, 2013

Started by ATM, January 28, 2013, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Another fine event at Crawfordsville Gun Club!

Andy, Paul and rhino didn't let the snow on the ground or the freezing temps deter them from attending their first Appleseed.
You guys did great! I saw steady improvement throughout the course as each of you employed the fundamentals, tried some new things and made it work for you.

huntrdan and X-Ray came to shoot after stepping up after their last Appleseed to become instructors in training.
Once those new orange hats went on, we quickly put them both to work clearing the line as RSOs between courses of fire.  ;)

With every point of instruction spitfire51 and JV presented, we saw groups shrinking as shooters fine tuned their positions, sling usage and steady hold factors,came to trust in their  NPOA and fired every shot by the numbers. That's what we like to see!

On Sunday, grunt soldier was able to join us as well and the AQT scores just kept climbing.

Congrats to rhino on qualifying Rifleman at his first 'seed, a WINTERSEED, wearing shorts both days!  :cool2:

Also had three instructors requalify during the required conditions for the winter patch so congrats to huntrdan, X-Ray and grunt soldier.

The history, our heritage was well received and respected. It's the real reason we're out here: learn today - teach tomorrow, right?

Let those stories, those people, the spirit and determination evident in the tough choices they made inspire and humble us.

I know that each of you will practice that 7th step and pass on this experience and this story to others.

Bring them back to another event with you, you know you want to do this again!  ^:)^

I always meet the finest people out on the Appleseed trail... thank you all for a wonderful weekend.

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

ATM

It was a tad chilly Saturday morning but nothing some warm clothes and hot chocolate couldn't fix.

"Hey guys, quit lollygaggin' at the target line and let's get some more instruction!"  ~~:)

"That's more like it!"  ;D

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

JV

cant think of a better way to spend a winter weekend than freezing tail and teaching marksmanship and heritage with my fellow instructors.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

grunt soldier

it was a very awesome and safe time!  lots of learning and some dang good stories on sunday if I do say so myself :).  Like JV I can't imagine a better way to spend a nice cold winter day.

thanks to the participants who showed up, stuck it out and persevered through the rain, snow and sleet!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

AuntieBellum

Looks like a fine weekend for an Appleseed.  Well done, everyone.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

huntrdan

One thing about attending an Appleseed. You always seem to make a few new friends.  ^:)^  We didn't get that foot of snow that I was praying for, but there was a little. :bow: I think it was 9 degrees when I arrived Saturday morning. I think everyone still had a really good time. That is what it is all about. The entertainment, and the bacon was PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!! 
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

spitfire51

Had a great time this past weekend.  I especially want to thank Paul for letting us shoot an 1861 Springfield rifle, what a wonderful experience.  Everyone made great improvement throughout the weekend, and with a little more practice at home this past weekend's attendees who didn't get quite get that rifleman score will easily earn their patch soon.  You all know what to do, just a matter of getting it down consistently.

Come back and see us again soon, and remember don't come alone!
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

MusketShooter

Hello,

I just wanted to reply that I had a fun time this past weekend at the Appleseed. Thank you to the instructors, ATM, Spitfire, and JV for helping me get started. I met a lot of nice folks and learned a lot about marksmanship and our heritage. I'll be back at another Appleseed soon to try to get the Rifleman, and bring some family and friends with me to join in on the fun.  :)

- Paul