News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC January 26-27, 2013 AAR Winterseed in NC?

Started by Pain Killer, January 28, 2013, 12:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

The first Appleseed in NC for 2013 was an icy one! 13 brave patriots risked 'life and limb' driving across the ice slicked roads of NC to share the American tradition of Marksmanship and share in the stories of our heritage. The grounds of the RWVA home range were frozen over but this did not deter us from our mission and we had a glorious event.

Dave scored a 226 on our first AQT of the day to become a first time rifleman. On the second AQT of the day, we got our second rifleman score when Dave switched to shooting left handed and scored a 231! Huzzah! On day two we had a father and son team both score rifleman with bolt action rifles. Alex Faulk, age 12 scored a 216 and his father Faron Faulk scored a 232.

We started day one's Redcoat with one shooter putting 3 in the 400 and zero with a headshot. I have to say I was a little concerned. No worries, add some excellent instruction and some Appleseed magic and we more than doubled our results. By the end of day 2 we had 3 shooters in the 400 and 2 making the head shot. Huzzah!

This was a very rewarding shoot for me. We had three very energetic and respectful kids join us with there fathers. These three young men were excellent marksmen and fine examples for the youth of America. Thank you to Fred for holding a meeting with us on Saturday, which attracted instructors from all over NC and a few from SC. We had 9 red hats and 4 orange hats, and this made my job as SBIT3  less stressful!

With all these fine instructors we were able to put together 2 KD AQT's on Sunday for students and instructors alike.  I am very thankful to Hawkeye for helping us pull this off!

Congratulations to Fox4 and Bob Owens on their promotion and to Adamsod as the new NC State Coordinator! The weather was cold and dreary but the people at this event were fine examples of Patriotic Americans. Thank you all for coming and spending your weekend with us.

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pain Killer

I forgot to mention, Short Bus gave an awesome rendition of the Elizabeth Zane story. Julia is turning out to be quite the public speaker!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Lawrence

The sleet and freezing rain made the roads look like the white ice of a hockey rink. Yet, this group of students and instructors arrived early and without incident to conduct one of the most productive "Winterseeds" you could imagine. Great students and great instructors all! NC could not have begun our year more productively!

Congratulations to the 4 Dad's who came with their sons. I was so encouraged by the manners and knowledge of each of three young men who recieved their Appleseed patches in the above photo from the the fourth bearded son whose father witnessed his promotion to Shoot Boss! Proud fathers' All!

Just one of the many reasons I love the magic that is Project Appleseed!

Pain Killer

Sorry, I forgot a very important picture of the father and son riflemen.

PK

cdavidhord

I want to extend special thanks to Pain Killer for his outstanding administration of the event.  In the weeks before this Appleseed, the instructors received great direction.  This made a difference in the event achieving tremendous success despite mother nature's intervention.  The students learned of our nation's important heritage and honed their marksmanship skills as a tribute to our founding fathers.

Thank you Pain Killer, and thank you students for hearing the story.

Sadman

Pain Killer!!!  Newest Shoot Boss!!!

Well deserved! 

Pain Killer

Thank you Sadman. I hope you and your family are feeling better!

PK

adamsod

A big thanks to everyone who braved the ice on Saturday morning for a weekend full of history and marksmanship.  It was great weekend,  made all the better by the attentive students and our newest shoot boss having the foresight to bring a heater... the club house was nice and toasty!!! Congrats on the new hat PK.
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

Adena

It's hard to believe that we had a Winterseed just a few days ago when the temperatures were in the 70s today. Congratulations Pain Killer on your promotion to Shoot Boss!  O0 Despite the conditions the shoot ran smoothly, you had all of the students engaged with many ready to come back for another shoot. I will gladly work the line with you anytime.

Adena
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

Pain Killer

Lawrence

LOST & FOUND: pm me with description if you left your hearing protection Sunday evening.

Will have these and many other orphaned items at the RBC Feb 17-24 for you.

Julia_H

My Elizabeth story was pretty good if I do say so myself...and I did it in two breaths this time. ;D  Thanks Adam for listening to me rehearse it like 1,000 times!

See you guys in February,
Short Bus

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." Proverbs 31:25-26