News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW Indiana Range! - Washington 23-24 March

Started by hawkhavn, January 27, 2013, 12:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Washington, IN will be having it's first ever Appleseed shoot on March 23 and 24 at the Washington Conservation Club.
The club is located on the south side of town just north of the HWY 57/ 50 Bypass intersection.

Club link: Washington Conservation Club
Shoot info link: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=342
Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5215577934#
INGO thread: http://ingunowners.com/forums/appleseed/266695-washington_in_appleseed_23_24_march.html

Post any questions here or PM me, looks like I'll be Shoot Bossin' this one.

HH

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

All,

I'll be staffing a table at the Washington Conservation Club Gun Show this weekend.
The club is just north of the HWY 50 bypass. Starts Saturday at 9 through 5, rinse and repeat for Sunday.
We have a shoot at this new range in 3 weeks so I want to sell all the slots.
If you're in the area, stop by!

HH

p.s. The rumor is that I'll have a special guest with me on Sunday...

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

First day is in the books, talked myself hoarse today.
Good crowd all day and many had heard of Appleseed. Shotgun News, INGO and family/friends were the top referrers.
Tomorrow is 10-3 and our special guest will be helping out so I can maybe talk at all tomorrow night.

The Club geneously donated a Shoot Certificate and we wll be drawing for that tomorrow afternoon.

It's quite possible our inaugral shoot here will be a sell out in 3 weeeks.

HH

p.s. The Club president also has arranged a radio spot next Friday morning to talk about AS and the upcoming shoot.

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

Update - tomorrow morning is the radio show @ 7:20 a.m. on WAMW, Washington, IN.
http://www.memories1079.com/
Listen live link at the top of the page.

Next, I just learned that hot lunches will be served both days at this shoot by the Daviess County March of Dimes.

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

All, 

We still have 5 spots left and here is the menu for the weekend.
The Daviess County March of Dimes is going to be serving hot lunches for a contribution both days.

Saturday will be sirloin burgers or 2 hot dogs, baked beans, chips, choice of dessert and drink.
Sunday will be grilled marinated turkey breast strips with cheesy potatoes, slaw choice of dessert and drink.

$10 for adults and special kids plates available for $7.

Good weather forecast, mild temps and sirloin burgers! Sounds like an Appleseed to me!!

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter