News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - Jan 19-20, 2013 - AAR

Started by mal, January 22, 2013, 11:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

With temps ever so close to freezing (at least part of the day) & brisk gusty winter winds, this event was just like the others i've done in January... NOT!

In 2012 we had all of 3 on the line.  In 2011 Chainsaw & I set up and waited, and waited, and no one showed.  This year we had 19 on the line & had to open the 3rd bay!  What the...? 

Thank you to the brave (errr, foolhardy?) souls who ventured out to attend the January event at Elstonville SA.  We had 5 new attendees & 14 return 'seeders.

Despite the wind frequently sending rifles & mats all over the place as well as finally putting to rest Roverace's much abused pop-up, we did manage to turn out 2 new Riflemen.

Our first was Kevin, back for his 2nd event, shot a 218 on the one & only QDAQT on Saturday.  He also cleaned the Redcoat that evening joining the ranks of Pennsylvania's 1st Rifles!  Great job!

Sunday yielded 1 new & 1 re-qualified Rifleman.  Nate, back for his 3rd event shot a 210, and did indeed get baptized in some rather murky North Bridge Water.  Congrats!

Last, but not least our frequent 'seeder Dave L shot his all-time high this event with a 236.  Just goes to show that scoring Rifleman is only the beginning. 

Thanks again to everyone who made it out for a safe & fun weekend.  Unfortunately it wasn't a Winterseed, but February is looking colder & colder!  See you there?

Pics to follow!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

navionpa

Well it was the one with the most people yet, and in Jan at that, one thing I've learned is
I pick something new up each time.

thanks Alex for the tip.
david

mal

Rifleman Kevin scoring a 218.  Congrats!
Aaaand, earning the Penn 1st Rifles patch by cleaning the Redcoat!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our posterity:  Gabe, Nate & Julian.  Teach'em young!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Various event pics.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

SSG Platz

That's what we're here for David, keep on showing up and we will to
=^)

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

mal

Nate earning his Rifleman patch with a score of 210.

And you know what a 210 means...
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

More event pics.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams