News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palmerton, PA - January 19-20, 2013

Started by Chainsaw, January 21, 2013, 09:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Well, the first shoots in Pennsylvania for 2013 are in the books.

The range at Palmerton Rod & Gun had a few inches of crunchy snow and despite some ferocious wind on Sunday, the weather was beautiful.... for January.

Ten hardy souls joined in the adventure, half venturing from Jersey and one who had tasted Appleseed in The Big Apple, crossed state lines to try out his VEPR.

I'm thrilled to announce that Elyssia blasted a 216 for perhaps the 1st new Rifleman score in PA  this year.  We'll have to wait for the report from Manheim before we make it official.

Rifleman Charles was knocking out 230+s with "regularity" and Rifleman Melissa proved her meddle again and again.   ...proving that her shooting was, in fact ,better than her pound cake... which was pretty good.

Jesse cleaned two redcoats!  That's good enough for a welcome into the 1st Pennsylvania Rifles, Huzzah!  Alas, I lost count of how many 208s and 209s he shot on the AQT.  I feel for you brother, don't get discouraged and keep your eye focused on that reticle.

Our lone junior, Tyler, showed excellent improvement.  Well done, keep up the good work.

Mike, Andrea, Sandy and Ron!  You all did great.  Thanks for your company!  You know I actually physically feel different when surrounded by Patriots.

...and yes, two of us camped.  Not many folks seem up to the challenge of January camping in Pennsylvania.  It's really not that bad!  As they say, there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear.

Thanks Ang, Joe, Christina and Steve!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

MK1765

Chainsaw

Three folks cleaned it Sun PM.  I know one was Jesse... I was hoping the other two would let me know since I didn't write it down and well... my memory isn't what it used to be.

We've got a vote for Ron!  Who's the third?
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Chainsaw

... and of course it was Charles who cleaned two more two redcoats!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo