News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Life Changes - Be Ready Prepping and gun expo Deland, FL

Started by PHenry, January 21, 2013, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Huzaaah! Best way to describe this expo. The organizers of this event had been to an Appleseed event and were impressed enough to invite us to enjoy a free booth at their expo, as well as speaking slots. This was a new type of venue that offered everything from freeze-dried food to classes on emergency medicine. It would have been near impossible to attend this event and not learn something of value. It was well planned and carefully executed.

9mm4545 alerted me to this fine opportunity and in the tradition of Appleseeds, I looked for help to take proper advantage. I sent a single PM to several instructors which was greeted with enthusiastic replies. My sincere thanks to Jim and Cindy who invited us to their fine event and to the crew who worked the booth while I studied for the speaking portion:

Alkeford
TomM1Thumb
DeadEyeRed
RamboGranny
Tomblin
Xsquidgator
RiflemanRick

For hours on end, the above cadre worked our little Appleseed booth, speaking to multiple people simultaneously. Alkeford and DeadEyeRed would rope them in and we'd tell them what Appleseeds has to offer. I have never seen a more receptive crowd. Tireless and unstoppable would best describe the crew that served this event. We all spent money on fuel and gave up our weekend, but I'd say it was well worth the expense and effort.

Hope to see many of the fine folks we spoke to at upcoming events. Huzaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

alkeford

What a great venue. We introduced Appleseed to a lot of like minded folks.I personally learned a lot and made a lot of new contacts for AS. P Henry's is too modest. His speech went over so well they were giving him the "times up" sign during Q & A. We had to move the Q & A portion outside to make room for the next speeker HUZZAAAHHHH ! ! ! Thanks to all the Instructors who made this possible. Power in Numbers.
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.