News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Peterborough, NH Jan 19-20, 2013

Started by Andy in NH, January 20, 2013, 08:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy in NH

Frigid weather in the morning didn't stop a great group of intrepid students from having an awesome shooting event!

Four prior Appleseeders and family of five maintained a cheerful attitude and all were a pleasure to instruct.

Absolute beginners showed significant improvement over the two days and repeat students were able to test their skills in the cold.

An outstanding effort by all!

Austin tells the story of the second strike:

A family (4 of 5 anyway) on the firing line:

John knocking the black out of the target:

The frozen firing line:

The buddy finger drill - my favorite:

Dan hands John (a prior Rifleman) his Winterseed patch:

Dan hands Lauren (a prior Rifleman) her Winterseed patch.  On a dare, she had this picture taken with what she considers, "the ugliest hat in the world":

No picture, but I owe Adrian her Winterseed patch!
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

hbennett

Andy, great job, and a great shoot!  I had a great time. As always at Appleseed, I met some really great folks.  I am humbled by the dedication of the families that made 2+ hour drives up from RI to shoot in the cold and the wind. 

I think the extra clothing necessary to handle the weather made the shoot more challenging than the weather, itself.  But it was fun! 

To all the staff that made this possible, thank you, you did an excellent job.

Peterboro is an excellent facility.  Count on seeing me  again!

Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

NhLibertas

What a fun shoot. It was a pleasure to work with all of the shooters, and as always my fellow instructors. Having a family of five on the line was great too, as well as a father/daughter pair.

Here is a link to the pics just posted on the NH Appleseed Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.510391482338350.117133.186407501403418&type=1
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton