News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oklahoma doing the founders proud

Started by Johnnyappleseed, January 18, 2013, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Scarecrow

Here in Oklahoma the Constitution is strongly guarded for the most part by most of us.
I missed this article. Thanks for posting it.  O0
Sometimes Oklahoma is better than just "OK".
I hope it passes into law.
The battle will never be over unfortunately.
As I see it, I have the rights even if not protected by our Constitution.

andychicken

I overlooked that article too, and am both glad and proud to see it there!    ^:)^

May it be passed quickly and cleanly.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
~George Washington

SKSRifleman

Very happy to see this being put forth. Hopefully it passes and becomes law. Anybody going to the Capitol rally tomorrow at noon?
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

henschman

The nice thing about the 2A is that it provides its own penalty for violators.  :D
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

K98Al

Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

lastround

I think we have more positive things to look forward to from our legislators here in OK..I was in OKC yesterday  !9th)for the Guns across america rally and some of them spoke...very sincere about upholding the 2nd amendment..hope others had the opportunity to attend...

henschman

Yep... I know at least Scarecrow, SKSmarksman and I were there.  It was a very good event.

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Surveyor1653

So proud of my adopted home. 

If we weren't signing up school staff on the 19th for the training we're providing our whole training group would have been in OKC.  Glad you guys were able to get out there.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court