News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pro gun rally at the Capitol - Saturday

Started by AFTERMATH, January 16, 2013, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

JOEMORGAN

I'm working on Saturday and won't be able to attend. I plan on writing letters to all my state and national reps again on Saturday. I plan on talking the ears off of anyone in earshot on Saturday on the legacy of gun ownership in our country. I will make some more $$$ donations to those that work towards protecting our god given rights and plan on joining another 2nd Amend. organization. And I will visit and purchase 'product" from my favorite merchants.

I look forward to Saturday.............
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Grover

AFTERMATH

:shootself:

I woke up late, got going late and arrived in time to see at least some folks on their way out...  Spent the next 20 minutes looking for a place to park.  That effort failed, and considering all circumstances I made the decision to turn around.

How was it?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

KodyJaret

You couldn't find a space in twenty minutes ? Hope you didn't drive from too far.
We parked about two blocks north. Ten minutes to walk in. Rally was better and larger than I expected. what good will come of it remains to be seen.

(eta) I am refering to Albany, NY.

JOEMORGAN

"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

AFTERMATH

Quote from: KodyJaret on January 19, 2013, 10:11:50 PM
You couldn't find a space in twenty minutes ? Hope you didn't drive from too far.
We parked about two blocks north. Ten minutes to walk in. Rally was better and larger than I expected. what good will come of it remains to be seen.

(eta) I am refering to Albany, NY.

New York would be quite the trip.  Though, if that had been the case, I likely wouldn't have had the added decision of whether I should carry, taking the risk of encountering an officer who doesn't realize the capitol grounds are not restricted, or leaving my side arm in my car at the mercy of thieves in an unattended area.  That was my main reason for not just parking somewhere and walking the rest of the way.

From what I understand, MN's rally was larger than expected too.  Some protest groups take months of planning, and bus people in from all over the country.  Gun rights groups, take a couple of days and make something work.
MN's was organized by a guy who's never done anything like this - yet his response from the folks who work at the capitol said it went better than most and hardly believed this was his first go.  But that's what gun owners do - IAO.