News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI **Winterseed** AAR January 19-20, 2013

Started by Rascal21, January 15, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

What a great weekend.

Rest of the pics are posted here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.322825494494293.70387.240556109387899&type=1

Will post more later :)

SteelThunder

Quick report before the details later. 

8 shooters
16 degrees F
40 mph winds
10 centerfire rifles on the KD line
At least a hundred new lead smears on the steel target
Good Strikes and excellent DOMs
3 new riflemen
3 instructor requals for 2013
1 new Blue Hat
1 new Orange Hat
1 tired Shoot Boss

They make 'em out of hearty stock in MI.  Saturday was a balmy 40 degrees but Mother Nature provided us with Winterseed weather on Sunday with temps in the teens and very strong winds and snow showers.  We had our dedicated Americans brave the cold, hear some great history, smack some steel on the KD line and march those scores right up.

Congrats to our Riflemen Tom, Kat and Dave.  Jim, Patrick, EJ and Jarrid -- you guys will make it...you're knocking on the door.  Charlene -- amazing!  Going from never touching a rifle in the morning to shooting sub-3 MOA groups in the afternoon.  Clearly that was superior leadership from your Shoot Boss coming through!  Oh -- and sorry about your coat and the propane heater.   I really try to not set my students on fire...

Kat -- thanks for taking the Blue Hat!  Dave -- thanks for taking the Orange Hat!  To my instructors and Applecore - great job, proud to serve with you.

ST

It was cold today...

and very windy...so we had to tie things to our vehicles.

Great students and instruction

and history

Huzzah!

Let's hear it for KD!

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Toobeauku

My First Winterseed and the second consecutive weekend that I have given my life to AS... Folks this is hard work but it sure is a lot more fun than my old job. Kudos to Rascall21 and ST2 for putting a great weekend together. It was an impressive show of teamwork and instruction skills that produced so many riflemen and winterseed patches. Plus adding a blue hat and an orange hat to the ranks is fantastic.

Personally, I don't remember when the last time was that I voluntarily put up with that much cold temps and gusting wind to spend a couple of days in the out of doors. My lips are feeling the chap and I'll be peeling skin from my upper lip for the next several days, not to mention the windburn on my crusty red cheeks and forehead. As my wife likes to say, "Well you have been having a good time". That kind of shuts up the complaining part.

I have already decided that I'll be getting back to Centerville again in February for the next AS/WS. I'm going to get in some cold weather practice before then so I can figure out what clothes I'll need to wear in order to get into a sitting position. Lord knows all those layers put a crimp in my breathing cadence.

Lots of good history and a great time on the KD range. Pictures will follow.

Toobeauku  :cool2:
NRA Benefactor Member   NRA Personal Protection Pistol Instructor,  NRA RSO
CMP Master Vintage Rifle Instructor
HIGH POWER... get some... and put your AppleSeed training to work for you.

When do we get to shoot the BIG RIFLE?

The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -- Samuel Adams
The above statement works for Communists too who seek to brainwash the masses, just an FYI....  Are you Bailing?

SteelThunder

More photos

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

wizard

Another great weekend. All of my Bellevue shoots have been great. The people, The range, even the weather cooperated.  Beautiful weather on Saturday was perfect for instruction, and the cold, wind, and snow on Sunday was perfect to challenge our shooters.  If you earned the Winterseed patch on Sunday; You EARNED the Winterseed patch.  Congrats to all who met the challenge.  Great to work with Mike (Ibex) who LB'ed all day on Sunday until he dropped down and shot for his requal.  Always a pleasure to see Kat again, Welcome Aboard (Now get to work). E.J. and Jarrod I expect to see you guys again.  It's a pleasure to meet young men with character. Jim get back and get those five points.  Rascal & Larry thanks for putting up with me again.  Charlene, it was a true delight meeting you, working with you, and setting you on fire.  With the rapid progress you made on Saturday I wish we had you for one more day.  Dave looking forward to working with you, But at a much warmer venue I hope.  Diamond, Great to meet you and am looking forward to working together.
I get things done because I get things done.

Pinkey

I wish I had been able to make it out on Saturday, but I am VERY glad I was able to make it out on Sunday.
It felt more like an Articseed than a winter seed but it was well worth the frozen finger and nose.

Once again a great bunch of students and instructors, and I look forward to seeing you all again in February...hint hint hint. ;)

Kat and Dave CONGRATULATIONS, WELCOME and THANK YOU for steping up and lending a hand, trust me the fun has just begun!

I know I'm forgetting names so To ALL who claimed the lovely blue winterseed patch on Sunday CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope to see you all again soon.

Ibex

It was a little brisk.

A very positive and upbeat group of students making the most of the challenge.
I look forward to the February event and working with this quality bunch of instructors again!!
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.

"Practice what you suck at." Jacob Bynum

Believe the bullet.