News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL January 12,13, 2013

Started by PHenry, January 14, 2013, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

What a great event!

Let's do the math. Perfect weather, great people, beautiful outdoor rifle range, good food............hmmmmm............sounds like a little slice of heaven to me! It doesn't get any better than this. With a high instructor to student ratio, we were afforded the luxury of a lot of one on one instruction, which is always great.

We had an entire family, with Bob and Jenn, Casey and Chloe (the youngest and best shot - 12 and she out shot her dad at one point!). John and Frank were there and so were Rich and Kelly. Sean and two Brians rounded out our field of 11 rifles.

We saw lots of improvement, but by late AM on Sunday I was sweating - no Riflemen as yet. See, Fred will surely demote me to dishwasher if I fail to reveal at least one Rifleman per event. I could see John was close, so I quietly begged him to stay frosty and make score. No pressure I said, with a nervous smile. Sure it was in poor taste, but my "job" was on the line! Well, John pulled it out with a 210, but wait, he bested his own self with a 219! Huzaaaaah! Many thanks John - I owe u big sir.

After the event was over and the gear packed up, the instructors all agreed - this was a great event and well worth the effort. We had space and staffing for 36 shooters. Looks like the old shoot boss is not doing his job of properly promoting the events he is tasked with running.  :-[ I'll need to work on that. If you liked what you saw and did this at this event - please spread the word. If I can be of assistance with materials or advice on how best to deliver same - please send me a PM and I will do all I can. This ship is sinking and we need more people like the ones I spent the last two days with to saver her.

To attendees and instructors alike - many thanks for your time and effort.  O0

In Liberty,
PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cisco Kid

Wow.

Great time - thanks for all the one on one.  I standing there on Sunday afternoon, knowing I shot a 209, and said to myself "I am NOT going home today and stew over 1 shy of Rifeman".  This shall not stand.

I had one of the instructors (Ben) lay on his side just critiquing my trigger pull for and entire AQT.  That is the level of instruction, and - I believe in my case - the difference between 209 and 219.  Where else can you get that kind of instruction?

Everyone was great - as PHenry said - I had no excuses - the weather, the instruction, the people, the range, the food.  My excuse shirt was blank.

Now - my shirt has a patch on it - and I'm proud of my perseverance and proud of the company I keep.

I'm humbled by PHenry telling me that "He owes me" - the debt is the other direction, sir.

I am rewarding myself with a CMP M1 Garand - paperwork went in the mail this afternoon.  Sally needs a friend.

Thanks to all of you.

John

alkeford

You guys were awesome. I am so happy and proud to have been part of this event. some of the finest patriots I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Congrats to John for making rifleman with a 210 see the North Bridge Water isnt so cold  >:D.Casey and chloe were awesome not one safety issue and they put up some very respectable scores
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

NHale

Outstanding, folks!

Gonna have to get me some of that Hernando AS time...

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

PHenry

QuoteSally needs a friend.

Sally needs all the friends she can get! That's great news sir and if I can be of assistance in introducing you to your "girl" - please let me know. She will come all trussed up in special "ointment" and the removal thereof is more involved than it might seem.

Huzaaaah!  :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ToneDef

Quote from: PHenry on January 15, 2013, 05:11:05 PM
She will come all trussed up in special "ointment" and the removal thereof is more involved than it might seem.

A Nice Hot bath is always a good start! Then the real work begins!
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

PHenry

After being the recipient of Heavenly beneficence last NYE, ItsanSKS and I spent the entire following day removing her ointment with great care and loving attention.  :bow:

Cisco Kid

I'll take you up on getting her ready for her new digs here in Florida.  First time I saw a Garand, I wasn't nuts about it.  Now that I "understand" what it is, the "finest battle implement ever devised" - I'm excited to have a piece of history that is practical and still useful after all these years.  We should all be happy if we can defend freedom with the same veracity when we're her age.

PHenry

Funny - me 2. I always wanted one, but not for shootin' - just for nostalgia sake. Then I saw so many struggle with them on the line - did little to change my mind. Then I shot one - wow. Much smoother than M1A (common folk's version of M14 - last wooden battle rifle ever fielded by US forces - also shortest in US history). Amazing piece of engineering. It sounds silly, but Sally near hits the target on her own. IT honestly feels that way so easy to make a hit. Contrary to what I had always heard - 30-06 much more horsepower than .308 too!