News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Online study tools

Started by Athena 1775, January 10, 2013, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena 1775

I posted the message below in the IIT section, and Nero suggested that I re-post it here as well:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone-

I found a neat website called Quizlet... It's free, and allows you to create and share study tools with other users.  I took the time to upload a bunch of my AS marksmanship study material, and hope to do the same with my history material soon.

And now... I want to share.  I'm thinking this tool might be useful for other IIT's, returning Appleseeders, or anyone else who wants to "drink more from the fire hose".  :)  If you'd like to take a look, you can access my "class" here - http://quizlet.com/join/bK4WcBVau/ - with a (free) quizlet.com account.

The website has some pretty cool features for training and testing yourself on the information, in addition to the flash cards.  It's far from perfect, but I think it can be really useful.  Take a look, and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Athena 1775
"Spirit, that made those spirits dare / To die, and leave their children free..." -Emerson, "Concord Hymn"

"A day can press down all human things, and a day can raise them up." -Athena to Odysseus, Sophocles, "Ajax"

Bullet

Thanks so much for putting that together and sharing it....looks like a super resource!  O0 I look forward to seeing the history study material too when you get a chance to add that.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams