News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR:The first Fl AS event in 2013

Started by Sly223, January 08, 2013, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

This was an Appleseed event that turned into a private seed for the Neughman Faimly! ..:..
I have to be honest when I saw the low turn out I was bummed out! I did not want to put this kind of effort into an event with only four people;However my mind was quickly refreshed with the fact that this family was the Apitamy of what our forefathers wanted to pass on to our Posterity. I can not say enough about how they listened and learned as a unit, a fully functional unit so we quickly introduced the importance of the Knott! They showed up with very little experience. This turned out to be a blessing from above as they had no bad habits and brought the most important tool a teachable attitude not only that they were all very smart and absorbed an unbeleavable amout of knowledge and was able to apply it! They also really kept me sharp and on my toes for KD. they were very smart in Physics and quickly caught on and caught a few little fuzzy moments on my part!
I want to thank the Bossman, JO, Blake and Bryan, you folks can not fake a good family at one of these events that tests your will like Appleseed does, not in y'alls case!
Fantastic Job by All.
I also want to thank my right hand man Alkeford for keeping me on point ;and Big Country for all the dedication and hard work!
The Range was in good shape as always and we were also, fortunate enough that Mickey one of the range masters came out with his .50 cal Brown Bess replica and taught us all about black powder, This was an amazing demonstration and learning experience for all!
We also,were able to recognize the importance of what a delayed primer does as there was a significant lag time from pulling the trigger to the rifle actually discharging the round and it was amazingly accurate for something of such an archayic war implament!
I need to get to work I will post more later I wanted to get this posted so every one else can discribe their experiences! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

libertylady

WE were the lucky ones. You were so patient, helpful, and encouraging.  We cannot wait to do it again.

9mm4545

The idea of "private Appleseeds" is not one to be scoffed at. Get a dozen or so friends together, a place to shoot, and an Appleseed can happen. Only have a half dozen friends, coworkers, or family? It can still work, you just don't need as many instructors. I will be doing a couple of private Appleseeds for Sea Scouts in the coming months and I have my sights set on doing one for my neighborhood. My first experience with a private Appleseed back in November was a stunning success and I do look forward to doing one there again. Whatever it takes to get people off the sofa...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata