News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA DEC 15-16, 2012--AAR

Started by Lagboy, December 18, 2012, 01:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagboy

Saturday was the start of a glorious weekend at Appleseed in Sacramento. It was a little chilly with a slight breeze blowing off and on and the skies seemed to constantly threaten us with rain. But, none of that deterred the seven people who came out to learn marksmanship and American Heritage. First, as always we went through the safety briefing and then turned on the fire hose of instruction.   

We broke for lunch, 3-strikes were told, and the instructors did an excellent job proceeding though the course of fire.
No rifleman scores were achieved Saturday. However, Linda was knocking the doorstep with a score of 199. 

Truman displayed an outstanding attitude, and was awarded his young patriots patch. ^:)^

And before wrapping up for the day, Norcal22gal awarded Neve with his well earned red hat!!!

Now either I'm doing a pretty darn good job at this shoot bossing gig or maybe Norcal22gal is getting tired of my mug. Whichever the case, she bestowed upon me the hat that says shoot boss, which I gladly accepted!

On Sunday, five shooters returned and two walk-ons decided to join us. Safety and marksmanship instructions were reviewed.

We took a late lunch told the stories of some Dangerous Old Men and some Determined Dames, then proceeded to squeeze out as many AQTs as possible.

Well as I mentioned on Saturday, Linda posted a 199. I am happy to proclaim that she knows very well what she is about, and scored a 215, her second AQT of the day. To prove that it wasn't a fluke she backed it up with a 217.
Also, on the second round of AQTs Josh also knew very well what he was about and he scored a 215, on his center-fire rife.   

Rifleman patches were awarded and I'm happy to report that both Josh and Linda decided to step off their porches and join the ranks of Appleseed instructors. ^:)^

In closing, once again I would like to thank all the attendees and hope to see those knocking on the rifleman's doorstep back again.
And to the instructors, all of you did a STUPENDOUS job this weekend, thank you very much!!

Scott aka Lagboy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Nero

Quote from: Lagboy on December 18, 2012, 01:51:46 AM
And before wrapping up for the day, Norcal22gal awarded Neve with his well earned red hat!!!

Now either I'm doing a pretty darn good job at this shoot bossing gig or maybe Norcal22gal is getting tired of my mug. Whichever the case, she bestowed upon me the hat that says shoot boss, which I gladly accepted!

All right!   O0   Congratulations to both!   ^:)^

The Sac instructor corps continues to grow apace!  Oh wait, Neve actually lives in the Bay Area!  So when are we gonna see your smiling face at Castro Valley, huh?   :cool2:
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Melissa

Thank you all so much for another great weekend. Congrats to Mike and Scott, and welcome aboard new orange hats!

-Melissa

PS: I'm still likin' that M1A.

Neve

Another great weekend at Appleseed! Thanks to all the instructors for making the trip and to the shooters for having outstanding attitudes. A big congrats to Linda and Josh for
Acquiring their patches and orange hats, glad to have you aboard!

Lagboy, congrats on making Shoot Boss. You've earned it and truly deserve it. It's been an honor progressing through the program with you.

Needless to say I am very proud to be among the ranks of the red hats. It feels good!

Quote from: Nero on December 18, 2012, 01:57:11 AM

The Sac instructor corps continues to grow apace!  Oh wait, Neve actually lives in the Bay Area!  So when are we gonna see your smiling face at Castro Valley, huh?   :cool2:
Thanks Nero! You will be seeing me soon :)

Quote from: Melissa on December 18, 2012, 02:21:33 AM
Thank you all so much for another great weekend. Congrats to Mike and Scott, and welcome aboard new orange hats!

-Melissa

Thank you Melissa, I'm glad you enjoyed it! They are my favorite rifles but you can't go wrong with a service grade CMP Garand for half the price. I still prefer the M1A though. ;)

Mike aka Neve

Lagboy

Thanks Vinnie for another wonderful photo spread. O0
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

NorCal22Gal

AWESOME JOB TO ALL.

The shooters were a wonderful group and braved the rather bracing weather well.

Scott, not getting tired of your mug at all, just felt it was time and it was well deserved!!!  You constantly step up and get things done. 

Neve...awesome work...you just get better and better.

Welcome to Linda and Josh...don't forget to pm me with your  forum names so I can get you on the roster as IIT's. 

This was definately a shoot where I got to sit back and watch the Sac crew work.  I'm recovering from an inflammation in my foot which made it very difficult for me to do much of anything.  I was given a chair and called the line for a bit on Sat. am. then sat back and watched this crew work.... they are truly amazing.

As for the shooters...Thanks for coming out.  Kathy and Tracy....Keep working...you're getting there.  Truman...same with you. 

Eric, you're getting close.  Fred... Keep working.

Linda and Josh...Welcome aboard!!!

Ryan and Tom...you were missed on Sunday!!!

Thanks all and Merry Christmas

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

Melissa

Quote from: Neve on December 18, 2012, 04:54:51 AM
Another great weekend at Appleseed! Thanks to all the instructors for making the trip and to the shooters for having outstanding attitudes. A big congrats to Linda and Josh for
Acquiring their patches and orange hats, glad to have you aboard!

Lagboy, congrats on making Shoot Boss. You've earned it and truly deserve it. It's been an honor progressing through the program with you.

Needless to say I am very proud to be among the ranks of the red hats. It feels good!

Quote from: Nero on December 18, 2012, 01:57:11 AM

Thanks Nero! You will be seeing me soon :)

Quote from: Melissa on December 18, 2012, 02:21:33 AM

-Melissa

Thank you Melissa, I'm glad you enjoyed it! They are my favorite rifles but you can't go wrong with a service grade CMP Garand for half the price. I still prefer the M1A though. ;)

Mike aka Neve

And thank you, Mike! O0  :---

Lagboy

anyone still not clear on IMC? The graphic below should clear everything up. 

Just one little correction. 1 MOA = 1 inch per 100 yards  **)

-Sir Winston Churchill

Lagboy

I was hoping the FedEx guy would have come on Saturday so I could bring my new service grade H&R M1 for show and tell on Sunday, alas that was not the case. 

It arrived this morning and I must say the current stock of M1 Garands shipping out of Anniston Alabama are outstanding.  ;D

In the picture below are two grades of M1s the one on the bottom is a field grade springfield M1, and the one on top is a service grade H&R M1.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Vinnie

Something that good lookin' deserves the picture posted front & center:

Quote from: Lagboy on December 18, 2012, 10:49:48 PM
I was hoping the FedEx guy would have come on Saturday so I could bring my new service grade H&R M1 for show and tell on Sunday, alas that was not the case. 

It arrived this morning and I must say the current stock of M1 Garands shipping out of Anniston Alabama are outstanding.  ;D

In the picture below are two grades of M1s the one on the bottom is a field grade springfield M1, and the one on top is a service grade H&R M1.

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Neve

Wow that is beautiful. You have me considering getting one if they are in that good of shape. Is that the service special?

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on December 18, 2012, 03:23:55 PM
AWESOME JOB TO ALL.

The shooters were a wonderful group and braved the rather bracing weather well.

Scott, not getting tired of your mug at all, just felt it was time and it was well deserved!!!  You constantly step up and get things done. 

Neve...awesome work...you just get better and better.

Welcome to Linda and Josh...don't forget to pm me with your  forum names so I can get you on the roster as IIT's. 

This was definately a shoot where I got to sit back and watch the Sac crew work.  I'm recovering from an inflammation in my foot which made it very difficult for me to do much of anything.  I was given a chair and called the line for a bit on Sat. am. then sat back and watched this crew work.... they are truly amazing.

As for the shooters...Thanks for coming out.  Kathy and Tracy....Keep working...you're getting there.  Truman...same with you. 

Eric, you're getting close.  Fred... Keep working.

Linda and Josh...Welcome aboard!!!

Ryan and Tom...you were missed on Sunday!!!

Thanks all and Merry Christmas

Laurie
NorCal22Gal
Laurie and Joe, i really couldnt have dont it without your never ending support and wisdom. You both are an inspiration to me. Thank you for everything!

Lagboy

Quote from: eaglescouter on December 19, 2012, 01:01:52 AM
Looks like modern replacement wood.

That is correct, the stock was made this year and the receiver was is post armistice circa 54'-56'.

Neve, this is the regular service service grade HRA

-Sir Winston Churchill

Melissa

I'll have to admit, that Garand is one good-lookin' war machine...

NorCal22Gal

Josh I

Hey guys, this is Josh from Sundays Appleseed. Thanks for everybody's help on Sunday I had a great time. Also looking to find out what the next steps are for me.

NorCal22Gal

JOSH!!!  I'll get you set up... :) expect a PM from me (NorCal22Gal) asking to have your promoted to IIT0.  You will receive another PM in a few days from Bob 210 saying congrats and welcome aboard.  I'll send you a letter with some helpful hints after I get that PM also. 

Contrats and welcome to the Appleseed Family!!!

Josh I

Got the message, Thank you. What is the next step?

Ducky

Hi everyone!

In case you missed it, there's a great article on PJ Media today, written by North Carolina Appleseeder Bob Owens, giving a fresh perspective on what a "well-regulated militia" should actually mean. Here's the link:
http://pjmedia.com/blog/for-a-well-regulated-militia-what-firearms-gear-and-skills-should-you-own/

Merry Christmas to you all!!
Linda (aka Ducky)
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

Walter

Quote from: Ducky on December 21, 2012, 09:58:46 PM
Hi everyone!

In case you missed it, there's a great article on PJ Media today, written by North Carolina Appleseeder Bob Owens, giving a fresh perspective on what a "well-regulated militia" should actually mean. Here's the link:
http://pjmedia.com/blog/for-a-well-regulated-militia-what-firearms-gear-and-skills-should-you-own/

Merry Christmas to you all!!
Linda (aka Ducky)
Very good. Nice to see other people who understand the true purpose of the second amendment.