News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Azusa CA, 15-16 December 2012

Started by Rocket Man, December 18, 2012, 01:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

Appleseed at Burro Canyon finished off a successful 2012, fittingly, on Bill of Rights Day this year.  Despite the cold and the rain all week, 19 patriots of all ages and backgrounds headed into the San Gabriel foothills in the early morn, there to test their mettle against some rowdy Redcoats and squirrely squares.   ;D  Wouldn't you know, we were rewarded with a beautiful day!  I think it was Jimmy Madison himself smiling on us. 

Our opening Redcoats revealed that we had a long way to go, so we set into work.  Running the show was Jacob, Calgunner extraordinare, along with Steve, making the drive from Frazier Park, and Shawndia who's put her Blue Hat to work in a big way.  But it was much more fun than work.  We had a great group, from our four young men to our more seasoned individuals (and their neat toys -- .22 WRF, for one).  Shooter Alex brought a whole gang of friends, Seventh Stepping already, and their mutual competition only got a little out of hand.  Only a little bit of target sharing, that is.  ;)

Sunday, alas, was colder and gloomy and eventually started raining, however we pressed on and I didn't hear a single complaint.  Sunday we were joined by a couple of returning students chasing the patch, Bruce and Dave, along with newcomer Gus Sr. who missed out on Saturday but came to join the rest of his family.  Rain or no, our crew was now dialed in, and targets were starting to say "ouch!" with great regularity.

Alas, in the canyons night comes early, and everybody left wanting more.  No new Riflemen today, but soooo close... Rich hit a 206, followed by a 205 despite a jam that cost him three shots on Stage 3... yeah, he's there.  Dave shot a solid 200.  Bruce was in the 190's.  Keara, rocking her bolt action all weekend, was originally unhappy with her Stage 1 score -- until we went downrange and saw she'd shot a 42/50.   ^-^  Grace and Giovanni turned in repeated Sharpshooter scores... the list goes on and on.  They'll get their patches.

Thanks to all for coming out, keeping it safe and respectful, and positive above all.  What we saw this weekend was truly the best of America.  I got one of my Christmas presents early!   ^:)^  I'll see you all again in the new year!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Rocket Man

:pics:

Some of my pictures from the shoot.  Got some good ones.

The view from the main gate.  Snow in LA County??  Oh, you betcha.

And eeeeverybody's here... Steve leads the group in the Four Safety Rules

Jacob teaches Talking Targets, and his Orange Hat's days are numbered...   ???

Some of our posterity gets new T-shirts, and Luther Blanchard patches to boot

Sunday morning, and Redcoats for breakfast!

Grace shoots a 3-MOA smiley face.  And y'know, I think she did it on purpose!   :pop:

Sierra adapts, improvises, and overcomes, with a unique shooting aid for his trigger hand

Gus Sr. stares down his target, waiting for the command

Some of our students found the seated position to be their favorite.  You never know until you come out and give it a try.

See you all again soon!  Schedule should be up shortly.  Feel free to add your own pics.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Psych Doc

O0 Awesomeness  O0

Looks like a great group of Americans getting together and enjoying their freedom!

Well done all!

GasMask

Awesome!!!  Look forward to taking more youth to these events.