News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sierra Vista AZ, DEC 15-16

Started by AZbinary, December 17, 2012, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZbinary

What a fantastic weekend!  It's weekends like this that keep me going along the Appleseed trail.

25+ shooters braved the cold Arizona winds to shoot, and to hear the story of April 19th.

You can see the pictures here http://s863.beta.photobucket.com/user/mnseitz/library/Appleseed%2015%20DEC%202012

Saturday's first AQT netted us two Riflemen, and two more later that day.

Sunday, we saw a great young man, who had been persisting with the Appleseed program, get his well-deserved patch, one of the youngest riflemen I've seen!  Great Job!

Weather, though chilly, didnt play in the weekend, and no significant safety issues were observed.

As always, I met new friends I didn't know I had.
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

Coyotl

3rd Appleseed for Jose Jr and me, 2nd for Alex. I got the opportunity to come home for Christmas as I'm currently stationed overseas and the first thing I did was check the Appleseed schedule. The kids had the choice: skiing or Appleseed, and they enthusiastically picked Appleseed! The weather was cold and drizzly and Jose jr compared it to what it must have been like in April 1775. The first day Alex (age 10) spent a lot of time in the car with his PSP, but the 2nd day he was a trooper and shot the entire day. Jose got closer to rifleman, his highest score was a 204. He and I both thought he was going to make it but each time he would drop the 2nd or 4th stage. Hopefully next time. Overall, it was a great experience, Jose commented that these events have made his history classes in school "more real". Thanks to all the coaches, hopefully, once I am back from overseas I can start working on the red hat. Again, great program, great people!
"I said I never had much use for one (pistol). Never said I didn't know how to use it." -Matthew Quigley

azmule

204 - that's great!  It's a special treat for instructors when kids shoot a Rifleman score, and Jose Jr. is right there ready to do it.  I'm glad you got the opportunity to both come home for Christmas and to bring the boys out again.  Thank you!

Scott

(Bipods are for cheaters!  -Alex, at Marana)
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

AZbinary

Yes, Jose Jr will get his patch at the next one, he's a great shot!  It warms my heart to hear the younger generation telling me the story of April 19th, and the history of the revolution.  I look forward to our next meeting.

M
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011