News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minnesota Appleseed Tour -- 2013 Schedule

Started by AFTERMATH, December 15, 2012, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Minnesota Appleseed Trail
2012+1

Check back often for updates!

August 31-September 1 -- Winona, MN -- Hosted by Winona Sportsmen's Club
                                                                     Information:  EIP
                                                                     Register:  Eventbrite

September 14-15 -- Wells, MN -- Hosted by Wells Rifle and Pistol Club

September 21-22 -- Mora, MN -- Hosted by Kanabec Conservation Club -- NEW LOCATION!

September 28-29 --  Rochester, MN -- Hosted by Southern Minnesota Sportsmen's Club

October 05-06 -- Hinckley, MN --  Hosted by Hinckley Conservation Club

October 12-13 -- Alexandria, MN -- Hosted byAlexandria Gun Club

November 2-3 -- Pine Island, MN --  Hosted by Pine Island White Pines Sportsmans Club -- NEW!!!
                                                            Information: EIP

November 23-24 -- Hinckley, MN --  Hosted by Hinckley Conservation Club

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!!!

I am struggling with keeping people satisfied and interested in something that I can't yet point them to... ;-(
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Spartan24

I am very curious if you get any way up north by the Angle. I would come do one and help out!  O0
"Just name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

Cooper

Educate, please a denizen of the Minnesconsiowan region with regard to "The Angle."

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Spartan24

I have family in the area of the Northwest Angle, in a tiny town known as Roosevelt.

Cooper

Awesome!

Thank you for curing my ignorance, the main goal of Appleseed... curing ignorance!

Cooper

Spartan24

Any shoots up there and I will be more than happy to come and work the line! I could probably even do one in the East Grand Forks area or Fargo/Moorehead area too.

AFTERMATH

Wholly!!!  That's almost Canada!!!!  Got any range suggetions?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Kosciusko

Quote from: Spartan24 on December 16, 2012, 01:05:11 AM
I am very curious if you get any way up north by the Angle. I would come do one and help out!  O0

Is there a range?  Is there interest in Appleseed?    Find us a location and we'll take a whack at it. 

Have passport, will travel. 

We could even invite the Canadians  over, the first international invitational Appleseed.

Kosciusko

Spartan24

East Grand Forks Area:
East Grand Forks Rod & Gun Club
P. O. Box 87
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
701-732-0486

Angle Area:
Lake of the Woods Rod & Gun Club
RR 3 Box 717
Baudette, MN 56623
Contact Person:    Harold Brouellette @ 218/634-1534
2.5 mi S of County Court House
Hours of Operation:    May 1 - Nov 1

Northland Range & Gun Club
701 Main Ave North
Roseau, MN 56751
Contact Person:    Robert Foley @ 218/463-2926
Hours of Operation:    4/25 to 9/1, 5:30 PM to 10 PM

Warroad-Lost River Sportsmen's Club
Contact Person:    Duane Skibicki @ 218-386-2584

Greenbush Trap Club
RR 1 Box 77
Badger, MN 56714
Contact Person:    Loyd Melby @ 218/782-2705

These are just some ranges that popped up on a quick Google search. I have personally shot at the EGF Rod and Gun Club when I was in college about 7 or so years ago. I remember the facility being very nice, clean, and well organized. They would even have a building for classroom type stuff. They do a lot of cowboy action, IDPA, and 3 gun stuff there. Just across the river is Grand Forks. It is a college town home to the University of North Dakota. In the area is a nice Scheels store and a Cabela's. The area is rich in sportsmen and I believe an Appleseed could be done with success in that area at the EGFRGC. The other ranges in the Angle area I personally have no clue how suitable they would be, facilities or shooter wise. I know it is a conservative-minded area where the Appleseed message could really resonate. I am sure that some Canadians would get the word if literature were distributed at Cabelas and Scheels. There is always a high volume of Canadian consumer traffic through the area.
I am currently living in Nevada, but my heart belongs to the North. I grew up in Montana, went to college in North Dakota, and married a gal from Northern Minnesota. Any chance I can get to return I will do my damnedest to make it happen. If that reason is Appleseed, all the better! My wife loves to visit family and in my line of work I can travel rather freely. I should seize the opportunity to do so while I can! That all being said, I am not in control of Minnesota Appleseed. I do not know your schedule and where shoots can fit in and at what length you would be willing to put one one. Just know I would be happy to assist in any way further that I can.

Grover

Grover

Spartan24

I would like to try and help in anyway possible. If you need me to call these ranges I can but I need to know when is gonna work for the Minnesota AS team.

Grover

Spartan24

Quote from: Grover on December 31, 2012, 05:51:49 PM
Did everyone abandon ship?

I should hope not! We are bailing, not abandoning! It is the holidays and I am sure people are traveling and visiting friends and family. Give it a couple weeks.

Where are you in MN, Grover?

Kosciusko

No, i've not abandoned ship.

It is the holidays, though. 

and I spent an hour today getting Appleseed materials together for next 2 weekends' gun shows in La Crosse and Rochester. 

k

AFTERMATH

Ain't no jumping ship in Minnesota - I've chained everyone to their posts. >:D

This time of year, in MN you gotta let the buckets warm up every once in awhile otherwise you're just swinging a couple gallons of ice.  I'll probably be hit and miss on here for the next week or so, but stay tuned.  'Cause once we get goin' - it's gonna be hard to catch-up!

bergfire

AFTERMATH

Quote from: bergfire on January 05, 2013, 05:45:22 AM
Any shoots near Minneapolis in January?

None yet - You might have to look at surrounding states for January dates.

In the near future expect to see shoots in Hinckley - As early as March.

We're working on a location in Ham Lake.
Rochester is likely - Probably in April

Getting into the metro area has proven difficult.  There seem to be a lack of suitable ranges and the ones that are perfect are usually booked and/or hesitant to limit range use to members for a weekend.

AFTERMATH

So far we have accepted dates at Alexandria and Rochester - April 20-21 - that means all we're waiting on is the paper work and funny internet business.  Keep an eye open, they should be on the official schedule any day.

Puma Mami

Hi guys. I survived the flu and a bunch of other horrible stuff last fall. And now, with the snow, feeling better. I'm hoping for a March Winterseed. Still want to try to get that elusive rifleman patch.

I've posted a bit of info on Facebook about the 2013 schedule, since I saw we had someone post last night asking about it. I gave the Minnesota schedule link and let people know events usually start appearing there by early to mid February, plus Aftermath's comments about March at Hinckley and the two April events.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and I guess this new year will be interesting, to say the least!

I'm glad the Minnesota newsletter is going again! I'm not getting any emails, though, could you add me back onto the list?
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Wally

May 19-20 -- Wells, MN   <----------------This should read May 18-19  :cool2

September 28th/29th Rochester Shoot?
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Wally on April 23, 2013, 01:57:24 AM
May 19-20 -- Wells, MN   <----------------This should read May 18-19  :cool2

September 28th/29th Rochester Shoot?

Thanks!

Sept in Rochester isn't on the schedule yet - is it in the works?

Wally

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 23, 2013, 08:38:24 PM
Thanks!

Hmmm, It shows on the club calendar ???

Interesting. ???

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Wally on April 23, 2013, 09:32:11 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 23, 2013, 08:38:24 PM
Thanks!

Hmmm, It shows on the club calendar ???

Interesting. ???

It's there now. O0