News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN December 8-9, 2012

Started by hawkhavn, December 10, 2012, 11:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Place holder, until the SB gets the full version up.
Post your comments and photos!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

tbone

SPQR

Good morning shooters, welcome to your heritage.

I wouldn't mess with this guy if I had a ballbat and he had a rubber chicken.

Are those things rifles?  Yes.  Can we shoot them?  Welcome to America.

Saturday afternoon redcoat, 200 yard silhouette.

Friendship goes everywhere

Tater is talking, Slow2Speak isn't.  Situation normal.

Rifleman pictures!

The family that shoots together...

Slays AQTs and gets photobombed by Slim
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

tater

We had a great group of shooters on the line. Lots of new riflemen and a whole bunch of future riflemen. Hope to see everyone back again!
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

OneBadV8

This was a fun shoot, I finally got a go at it with iron sights. I actually scored higher with Irons than when I used a scope. The rain gear created some challenges and I used a lot more prep time than in the past. Glad the rain held out on Sunday until we were done shooting.

Thanks to all the Instructors that came out and traveled some distance to share knowledge and help us improve our rifleman skills.

ATM

Hey, I recognize a couple of those ringers. I'll bet they made it look easy, too!  ;)  Way to go!
My congratulations and sincere thanks to those who scored Rifleman, those who learned, applied and improved, those who made a deeper connection with our unique American heritage and of course, the volunteers who instructed.  :bow:
Tell everyone you know and bring them out for a Winterseed to learn very well what they're about!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

brianheeter

We had a damp start on Saturday morning and a soggy end on Sunday.  But we really can't complain because it was unseasonably warm.  Not bad at all for December, really.

This group of shooters was the usual eclectic mix first-timers and old hands.  Men, women and "yoots" all learning about their American heritage, learning to shoot rifles safely and shoot them well.  Steadily improving skills leading to steadily improving scores.  And a lot of Rifleman!  Congrats to all the Riflemen, repeat Riflemen and everybody who got off the couch and spent the weekend with us.  Thanks also go to those who have decided to take a hat and help Project Appleseed in its mission to turn this country around.  Together we can do this!

I look forward to seeing you all again.  It hasn't been posted yet but keep an eye out for the 2013 schedule and bring a friend to your next shoot.  March 16th and 17th is the next Appleseed shoot at Nashville.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

tbone

I am in process of ordering my M1

I seen this post:
"Great explaination of how to get your M1 from the CMP
<< on: May 07, 2012, 01:22:49 PM >>If you've been unsure on what you need to do to order from the CMP this might help:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/foghorn/ask-foghorn-cmp-firearms/

Remember that an Appleseed counts as marksmanship activity (get you certificate at your next shoot) and RWVA is a an affiliate organization."

it says that the RWVA is an affiliate organization but when ordering it asks for proof of membership.
Will my completion of marksmanship clinic form cover both the marksmanship activity and the affiliate organization? both with one form?
does anyone know for sure? or how I should handle this? as i dont want to prolong receiving the M1 any longer than they already do.

Please help and thanks in advance

by the way those are great pictures thanks for posting.

spitfire51

Quote from: tbone on December 14, 2012, 01:30:19 PM
it says that the RWVA is an affiliate organization but when ordering it asks for proof of membership.
Will my completion of marksmanship clinic form cover both the marksmanship activity and the affiliate organization? both with one form?
does anyone know for sure? or how I should handle this? as i dont want to prolong receiving the M1 any longer than they already do.

Unfortunately the marksmanship clinic form is not proof of membership.  A RWVA membership is separate from the green form and costs $20.  More info can be found here:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/join_rwva.html
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

huntrdan

tbone, if you have any questions about  a purchase from the CMP. Just give them a call. They are very helpful and friendly people. Kinda like Appleseed folks. Or better yet, drive over to Ohio and hand pick your next one.

I would like to thank all of the Appleseed instructors for a great event. Congrats to Phil Brown!

And a special thanks to Mr Brian Heeter for all of your help...
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

Danno

Many thanks to "all" the awesome instructors. It was a great weekend.
This was my second Appleseed. Got my patch on Saturday shoot'n a 10/22 with a red dot. On Sunday I switched to a bolt action with iron sights.... big difference. Old eyes, iron sights & a bolt action make for quite a challenge. I'm working on some ideas to improve the sight picture with old eyes so I feel a Rifleman score will be had at the next shoot!

tbone

Quote from: spitfire51 on December 14, 2012, 02:49:20 PM
Quote from: tbone on December 14, 2012, 01:30:19 PM

Unfortunately the marksmanship clinic form is not proof of membership.  A RWVA membership is separate from the green form and costs $20.  More info can be found here:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/join_rwva.html

I wished I would have known the M1 purchasing requirements while I was there.
I would have bought the membership card to the RWVA on site to prevent the 2 week turnaround of receiving the membership card then add the 90 day turnaround on the M1 purchase itself.
I just wanted to thank all the instructors again, I'm not sure which instructor was at end of line by me and was working with me on my NPOA but that meant the world to me, ultimately improving my score and my overall confidence in my shooting.
After that and the practice and execution of squeezing the trigger on my respiratory pause and follow through on my trigger pull - something clicked and the heavens opened up and all of a sudden I was accomplishing everything I was trying to accomplish. And it just felt right.
I still need to practice and use my new set of tools.
I just want to say thank you to all the instructors for all of your help.
I will be recommending this Appleseed to all of my friends.

I had a great time!!

Thank you.
I am in process at this very moment of purchasing the service grade M1 via CMP.

Did anyone else have any more pictures? Seems like there were a couple pictures taken from my end of the line during actual firing and I was hopeful to get that photo to keep with my target and patch.