News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alamogordo New Mexico Dec. 8-9

Started by duc-dog, December 10, 2012, 11:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

Another Appleseed in the past and again I'm left looking forward to the next shoot.  As always I'm impressed with the love of country displayed by both shooters and instructors alike.  The weather was picture perfect.  We finished up on Sunday just as a cold front moved into the area.    Saturday started out cool but quickly warmed up to the low 70's.  Shot some Red Coats to establish a base line.  Shot some squares to tune up the positions.  Before you know it, Lunch snuck up on us.  After a good dose of history it was back to the line to practice the marksmanship part of our heritage.  We fired on two AQT's Saturday and Mark made his Rifleman score on the second target. (he might have scored the magic 210 on his first Target but he had a little help in the form of a cross fire).  Sunday, both Stuart and Warren crossed the line and earned their Rifleman patch.  Our three young shooters; Matt, Jade and Sam persevered the entire weekend with their scores steadily improving.  Just a little more practice and we will have three more "Riflemen".  Thanks to a great bunch of Instructors.   And a special thanks to shooters,  I'll see you at the next Appleseed.       
    See you on the trail,
           Milt

If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Captwa

Milt,

Just want to say thanks to all the NM instructors that I've encountered special kudos to team Milt and Marge. I have learned something from everyone I've met at Appleseed , students too! I will persist in abolishing my bad habbits shooting wise and use what I've learned to help others. 

I don't think there is a better state to be a 'seeder.
                                                                                   Wa