News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colebrook, CT: 8/9 Dec 2012

Started by Jay Haich, December 10, 2012, 12:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Haich

Just a quick place holder....more to follow. Please post your photos and add your comments.

Thank you to the Northwestern Connecticut Sportsmen's Association (www.nwcsa.org) for hosting the shoot this weekend. Gotta love a clubhouse that has a fireplace O0.

To show it did happen....

Excellent weekend! We were very fortunate to have a great group of shooters. They most definately had a Teachable Attitude and it was a pleasure to work with them.

Sat was cold and damp.... mid 30's with a misty rain is actually "tropical" weather for Colebrook in December! Thankfully there was  very little wind. The rain stopped by midday but the sun stayed hidden. Sun was cold and dry (low 30's). The wind blew in the afternoon and made it less comfortable, but the shooters did not let it bother them O0.

3 New Riflemen: Congrats to Jay(215,214,213); Lou (221, 218) and Jack (216 on the last AQT of the day)....need those photos ~~:)
2 Requals: Bill(229 and others...); Richie (217 and another..)

Sat: 3 instructors for 10 students .... very nice ratio.
Sun: 2 instructors  and a student co-opted for LSO duties.... worked out well and we had 13 shooters.

Will post more photos as they are emailed to me and I will add to this post tomorrow morning....

Be Safe
JH
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

Chmielewskil

Many thanks to Jay Haich, Glock23 & FreedomWon for their patience, dedication and amazing instructional skills!!! Special thanks to Dan and his wife for the delicious lunch on Saturday. Extra special thanks to NWCSA for hosting us. Great time had by all. This was my 3rd AS and I learned a lot all 3 times. Looking forward to more. I've been at it since April 2012 in Wallingford and it has been a personal goal since reading an ad in ShotGun News to be a Rifleman. It feels great to have finally achieved my goal  ^:)^. I look forward to bettering my score, learning more and trying other rifles. Thanks again.