News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL – Dec 1/2, 2012

Started by Stonn, December 04, 2012, 05:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonn

Waterman, IL - Dec 1/2, 2012

The temperature for this time of year is 20 degrees colder so this weekend had excellent shooting weather. Saturday was overcast with a slight breeze and we had six shooters on the line. The day went smoothly going through instruction and history. Later in the afternoon when we were doing standing with green coats, Don surprised us all with his target. He was supposed to shoot the left 200yrd silhouette, but shot the 300yrd one with 8 out of 8 rds (magazine issue with the remaining two). Wow is all I can say.

We only got through one AQT due to the lack of light but that was all that Kent needed to shoot 226 and receive his patch. Congratulations Kent!

Sunday's weather was a lot like Saturday's but without the fog and it warmed up enough that most of us could shed our jackets. Five out of the six shooters returned. Here's the group practicing prone, NPOA and reconfirming that their rifles are zeroed before AQTs.

In the early afternoon, Cathy became a rifleman with a score of 223. She adapted, overcame and earned that green patch. Great job.

To break up the AQTs, we did a fun shoot, Cathy, Don and Kent vs. Michelle and Ted shooting TVs on the couch. Cathy, Don and Kent destroyed that TV.

I'm pleased to announce that not only did Michelle and Ted requalify as riflemen at their second Appleseed; they also chose to go down the path as instructors, taking a hat. Thank you both very much for stepping up!

A big thanks goes out to Miner49r for his help this weekend, thanks Alan.

colycat

It was really great to see 3 of the Bonfield shooters show up for this one.  And even greater that Ted and Michelle took the hat.

Hooha!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Topgear

Many thanks to both Stonn and Miner49r for all the great instruction and the real history lessons.  It took me a lot longer than I wanted to make it to my first Appleseed, but it was a great one!  Glad to have had the chance to meet a bunch of great people and I'm very proud to have made Rifleman.  I wish I could have persuaded some friends/family to come along, but now I have some ammunition (AQTs and Redcoat targets) to try to motivate them further.  OK, so when does the Winterseed schedule get posted?   ;D

Kent
The whole body suffers for what the dumb mind does.

Yogi