News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Retroactive Listing on TIPS

Started by gmw, December 04, 2012, 02:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmw

Does anyone know if it's possible to get retroactively added on TIPS to the list of instructors for specific Appleseeds?  I neglected to sign up the past couple times, although I did let another instructor know I was going to be there.  (Of course I will do things properly in the future....)  It'd be nice to have the number of 'Seeds worked show up in my forum profile!

scuzzy

Quote from: gmw on December 04, 2012, 02:40:45 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to get retroactively added on TIPS to the list of instructors for specific Appleseeds?  I neglected to sign up the past couple times, although I did let another instructor know I was going to be there.  (Of course I will do things properly in the future....)  It'd be nice to have the number of 'Seeds worked show up in my forum profile!

IS would probably be more than happy to help with this except right now they are pretty busy. I did PM them about this post but whether or not they can get to this is another matter.

The number of shoots is out of date right now anyhow. I take care of that end of things but I'm crazy swamped with other projects. Lots of stuff going on in the admin world right now. New computerized schedule will help make things correct in the future.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Nero

Hey, folks, give scuzzy a break.  He's in deep working on a system that will further automate the Instructor Scheduling and shoot management processes, and we need it finished so we can get 2013 under way.  All the current instructor 'credits' go obsolete at the New Year anyway, and after that point the new system should keep shoots from getting 'lost' due to typos, etc.  Assuming you use it, of course!   %)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

gmw

scuzzy: Thanks for replying.  No big deal since it was due to my IIT-newb-ness anyway, and like Nero said it'll reset at the end of the year.

I'm conversant in Perl CGI / async JS / *nix; if there's something small that I can help with, let me know.

Nero: It didn't occur to me that someone outside the MN board would look at my post.  Sorry for the churn!