News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA Dec 1&2

Started by KP, December 04, 2012, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KP

The Pineapple Express rolled through over the weekend.  Saturday was fairly light rain, but Sunday became impossible.
We spent a goodly amount of time discussing options for waterproof targets...  But, in typical Appleseed fashion, the lone shooter on Sunday welcomed the opportunity to shoot in "less than ideal" conditions.  He was doing very well, until his rifle became too slippery to hold on to.

The instruction  on Saturday was well received, and all shooters made progress on the use of the sling, the steady hold factors and the 6 steps of taking the shot.  All had recognizable groups.  We encouraged dry fire at home for the next Fresno AS.

The most challenging part for me this time was the history.  Just telling the story was not enough.  I was hoping to inspire and challenge the shooters as well.  I hope we did some of that.  I guess we can never stop learning and growing in the history and heritage...

Garand56

best quote of the weekend was from young Tyler when I mentioned that he looked like he was getting tired-"I'm not tired, I'm just not used to being this wet". Definitely a weekend for rain gear.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC