News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lima, Ohio - Dec. 01/02, 2012

Started by slim, December 04, 2012, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Unseasonably warm weather greeted us at the Lima SABRES gun club and it wasn't too long after when Jon arrived and brought FIVE of his friends to join him in the saving of our country. A young military man, Red, rounded out our firing line and before the sun came all the way up, we were ready to shoot some redcoats. 

Since most folks were Saturday only, we kept up a good pace all day long and sadly, it was over as quickly as it began. Darkness comes far too early in December.

So nice to see a community of Americans shooting together. A mom, dad and daughter and then a father and son who were there because of one person making a difference. That's what it takes folks. Personal involvement. Hats off to those who got off the couch this weekend and took part in the wonderful heritage that's ours alone - marksmanship.

Sunday, Red was the only shooter who could make it back and since he shot a Rifleman score on Saturday (Huzzah!) we took advantage of the 200 yard range and shot KD all day. Simply awesome.

Corvette

Let me echo Slim's comments.  We had a GREAT group of shooters this weekend at Lima Sabres Sportsman Club.  We had seven motivated shooters on the line that worked very hard to absorb all our shooting instructions  as well as enjoy Slim's heritage presentations.  Weather Saturday, outstanding.  Sunday's KD work was very enjoyable as the instructors got some much needed trigger time in as well. 

To Mike, Janice, Sarah and Jon, great to work with you on Saturday.  Tayte and Seth, same to you guys and Red, our newest Rifleman, great shooting.

Pictures follow:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DGMilty

Maybe I'll start to bring a CAMERA so its easier to retrieve pictures!

Yes, again, the December weather was just great!  Had a wonderful group of shooters.  Wish everyone could have stuck around for day number two, but I understand completely.  I really hope to see you all again really soon!

Congrats to our newest Rifleman!  I am hoping that after the next event Red will be considering wearing a new hat!

I think slim forgot to mention our trek through Lima for our Saturday supper...very memorable indeed. 

Instructors don't usually get to shoot as much as we did on Sunday...a great KD day.  I almost regret not bringing out the "big toys" for the day.  I did manage to get a recently purchased 10/22 with factory sights dialed in.  So that and my other good news for my performance...had a GREAT weekend!

My thanks again to Larry and the rest of the Lima Sabres Sportsman Club for the use of the range and facilities.  I look forward to next time (and maybe the Roadhouse won't be as busy!!!)

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Living Hand

Between the mild weather and wonderful group of students, I couldn't have imagined a better first event as IIT.  Thank you EVERYONE, with a special thanks to Corvette for bringing all that tack and grub.

Hope to see you all again soon!
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Corvette

Living Hand, don't mention it, it was my pleasure.  You don't think I got this finely tuned shoot body by packing light and eating sparingly.  Heck, eating and shooting are two of the great pleasures in life.  See you on the trail. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!