News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN Dec. 1-2

Started by spitfire51, December 03, 2012, 10:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

A small but determined group of shooters took advantage of some unseasonably warm weather to come out to Marion County Fish and Game in Indianapolis for a weekend of learning about our heritage and improving their marksmanship.  Saturday started off a touch chilly but not too bad, the sun was shining, and we quickly progressed through the fundamentals of the prone position, the six steps to firing the shot, and natural point of aim.  The pace heated up along with the temperature that afternoon, and we managed to get in 3, count 'em 3, AQTs before we started to run out of daylight.

Sunday brought clouds and a slightly more muddy range from some overnight rain, but that didn't faze our shooters as we tackled the AQT grind.  I'm sorry to say we didn't have anyone get that coveted Rifleman score, but we had a couple knocking on the door, and the improvement in the scores between Saturday and the end of the day Sunday was phenomenal.  I have no doubt that several of our attendees will be earning their patch at their next event.

I want to thank my two IITs who did a great job, our instructor Brown who came by to help us out Saturday morning, and our hosts at MCFG for being so supportive of Appleseed.  And a big thanks again to those who attended the event, I look forward to seeing you all back on the line soon.  And remember, don't come back alone!
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

spitfire51

Some pictures of the weekend.

Taken during the morning redcoat, apparently our instructional services were needed.

Ah, that's better!  Amazing what a couple hours can do

John learns that the chamber flag is useful for many things, including making sure his trigger finger is c-shaped

On to the standing position, check out those chicken wings!

Some ball-and-dummy action on Sunday morning.  Everyone watch Tedd and make sure he's doing everything right! (don't worry, he was)

Getting the opportunity for some trigger time, IIT Maynard gives us a great example of Rifleman's Bubble.  I don't think he realized the tarp was blowing all over him until after he was done shooting.

And he has the coolest...jacket...ever!!!!
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt