News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder City, Nevada Nov 17-18, 2012

Started by sharpeyedfirechild, December 02, 2012, 08:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharpeyedfirechild

I traveled from Utah to run this shoot as the 3rd and final step in my quest for the Green Hat.  I had the pleasure having a great bunch of shooters and having a good turnout of local instructors.

It was a lovely weekend at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club range in Boulder City, NV. The temperature was great and the wind kept us just cool enough.  We had another shoot with over twenty shooters join us for our two-bay shoot.   

Ian, Amanda, Jason and Meghan – These four came out as a family and worked as a family throughout the weekend. Ian and Amanda excelled at implementing the three pillars into their shooting and their improvement was documented by their increasing scores. Jason did a great job of learning and participating in both of the marksmanship and history portions of the day. Meghan did an amazing job working with a Savage Bolt action, scoring a 188 on an AQT as a designated marksman.

Ardell refined his marksmanship skills learned from his previous Appleseed and turned it into a 210 on the AQT.  He was presented with his Rifleman’s patch and the refreshing splash only a 210 can bring.  Diana took in all the information and her consistent score improvements demonstrated her determined incorporation of these skills.  She hopes to get her family involved in the program during the next year.

Sue and Ed – Sue came out to share the line with us this weekend after attending a previous Appleseed in Texas.  She had to leave early but we hope to see her again.

Deja and Derrick could only join us for Saturday, but they gave it their all for the time they were there.

Lynnette and Jared were a mother-son team that worked together to make the weekend a success. Lynnette won her bay’s TV challenge and make significant improvements during the weekend. She definitely had a teachable attitude and a diligent demeanor. Jared was a ten-year-old young man who showed up and held a contagious, energetic attitude the entire weekend.  He truly earned his Luther Blanchard patch this weekend.

Ann Marie, Ray and Joel had their first chance to experience the shooting sports this weekend. They became familiar with rifles and general safety and handling of rifles.  They had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the history.

Tyler and Bob – This father and son duo were previous Appleseed attendees who came to demonstrate their improved marksmanship abilities since the last shoot. They continued to make improvements and with practice, should reach their rifleman patches soon. Props to Tyler and Bob for creating their own speed loaders for Tyler’s tuber.

Steven was a teenager who came out to meet the Appleseed challenge on his own. He learned about our program from the Las Vegas Survival Expo 2012.  He absorbed the instruction throughout the weekend and made some excellent improvements.

Sarah came out to learn more about marksmanship. She was exposed to new ideas such the proper use of a sling and marksmanship fundamentals. Come back and see us soon.

Gene walked on to experience our program because he is an instructor for a different program at the same range.  We both learned from each other.

As previously mentioned, everyone improved and had a great time.  Half of our participants were ladies and we had eight youth over the weekend.

My sister and I finally got to present the Wedding story together; thanks to the shooters for helping us share the story!

Kudos to the Vegas crew:  RangeRat, SniperCat, TrebleShooter, Persistent_1, Xeyed, VegasCaveman, Spartan24, DesertRose, and Pat. 

Thanks to all for making this a memorable shoot; I was glad you were here to share this weekend with me.

~Chelsea
sharpeyedfirechild
Daughter of RangeRat and SniperCat, Sister of TrebleShooter and Persistent_1

TrebleShooter

It was a wonderful shoot. I was really happy to see two full lines of smiling faces. I hope we see all of them return.
Congrats on the green hat li'l sis :)

V

Contratulations Chelsea! A shootboss!

Looking forward to working for you oneday on the trail.

Cheers
Phil

SniperCat

Congrats, Toot!

Another successful shoot and the final step to becoming a shoot boss! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I know who will be running her tail off trying to keep up with three shoot bosses and one state coordinator in the family!   %)

So proud of all of you!

Love, SniperCat
Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)