News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Danville IL Mini #1

Started by TheEditor, July 18, 2008, 02:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Great day to Appleseed on a weekday!  100 degrees, no wind. 

10 shooters, 6 from one family, one Guy (who kept his hair under control tonight) and three other Danville club members. 

Hard to get new Riflemen, when half your 10 shooters are already that grade. 

Scheduled to last until 7 PM, we shot until we ran out of daylight.  Beautiful orange hunter's moon rising as we left the range.

Great day to Appleseed on a weekday. 

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Two more pictures: 

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

The Guy

Had a good time.  I even got to shoot with Editor running the line.

Wes had a huge smile after shooting my M1A...I think he is hooked.

Hope to see more of you there this next time around.

colycat

Sooo good to see some familiar faces in the pictures.  Looks to me like Guy might out of a job with the stites girls, and wes of course. IIT's in the making!!!!

See you all in Chilli

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

M.E.

Had a lot of fun...AGAIN other than the humidity foggin up the glasses!  Fun to see little Stites get to shoot a little, she liked it!  Just didn't want her shooting too much.  Want to make sure Cookie makes Riflemen first!   ;)  Thanks for the great instruction looking forward to another humid night in Danville.

M.E.

NoFoMoHo

Me too I Had a blast....except for the humidity.... cant wait till the next one!.....
~NFMH~

p.s. (NoFoMoHo)
~NotfromMontanaHannah~

-Breath in, breath out, relax-

OddBall

Umm yeah Im totally hooked on Appleseed... And shooting guys M1A was so so cool. It was my first time shooting a rifle of that calibur and I think I shot some of my best groups ever. Oh I cant wait to get one of my own. I cant wait for Thursday for Danville mini #2
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"