News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Falls, MT Dec 1-2 2012

Started by Kaiser Leib, December 01, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Leib

Today's remarkably well-attended shoot was very successful for all three shooters. The first and second AQTs of the day resulted in two new riflemen, and our third shooter's performance is within spitting distance of the coveted 210.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Countree

We had some great shooters on the line today and got in a lot of trigger time. We made a few phone calls this evening in the hopes to fill a few of the vacant spots.

The range is a 50ft Smallbore Range with room for 14 shooters on the line. Nice to be able to shoot indoors on wind bitten days like this. We hope to qualify one more shooter as a rifleman, he is almost there! Here are a few pics throughout the day, we should be able to get some more tomorrow.

Part of the morning briefing

Shooters checking sighter squares

A well cleared red coat.... or black coat.

I was able to squeeze in a little shooting also.  :)

Necee

Congrats to those that showed up!  Sad that it was sold out and not everyone came though....  Nice hat Paul!! :)  Sorry we couldn't make it over.

Mark Davis

With all those unpaid shooters practicing their right to sit on the couch, every instructor there got a go at the AQT.
Us Montana boys take sour apples and make apple pie!
For one first time appleseed shooter (who was no stranger to his rifle) cleaned the first red.. ahh blackcoat. Illistrated it earlier post, went on and fired 247 on the first AQT.
He then had the need to fire the AQT clean, a score of 250 was just outside of his reach all weekend, this man wanted to shoot! He went home saying his round count was 970.
Sunday monrnig a preregistered shooter who had hurt her foot came in after staying home Sat.
We awarded 4 rifleman patches this weekend. All new rifleman.

George Hacker

Quote from: Mark Davis on December 03, 2012, 01:31:50 AM
Sunday monrnig a preregistered shooter who had hurt her foot came in after staying home Sat.
We awarded 4 rifleman patches this weekend. All new rifleman.

Was the fourth patch awarded a purple one?

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Mark Davis

Yes Michelle, got doused with  water of the upper Missouri.

Necee

Awesome!!  Michelle....return shooter?  Paul- did the shooter that couldnt register get a call/email with all the no shows?  Hope to see all these new riflemen/women with a colored hat sometime soon!!   ::)

George Hacker

Denise,

Michelle is definitely a return shooter.  I saw her in action at the July shoot in Great Falls and she was knocking at the door then.  She insisted on qualifying with her bolt-action rifle.

Congratulations, Michelle!  You finally earned that purple patch. O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Countree

Sunday was a great day! We had two very persistant shooters qualify! Congrats to Rob and Michelle! (Purple patch will be in the mail shortly) They have both attended all 4 AS shoots in GF. I hope that they continue to attend with a colorful hat.  O0 or at least to beat their previous score.

It meant a lot to be able to award my good friend, Rob, his Rifleman's Patch and I hope (and believe) that he will answer the call!

Denise, I forgot all about that shooters email. I wish that I could of remembered. I will work to become a little more effecient and effective so that I don't allow that to happen again. On another note, I hope you reconize Michelle from the pic, if not then I think it is time for the family to visit GF again! lol It would be great to see you guys again. It would also be nice if we get something rolling in Missoula, then I can come visit!

We had a lot of Rifleman on the line and had a lot of rounds down range! Here are a few more pics of the action.

Thank you to Mark and MT Programer! It was great to have you both in town and thanks for the great instruction!

m1awolf

I just want to thank  Mark and MT Programer for showing up so we could hold this shoot. I especially want to thank Mark for his continued guidance in my quest to become a Rifleman. I intend to continue participation in Appleseed to better myself and help others along the way in their journey to becoming Riflemen (and women) ;)

Maybe someday I will even tell a story or two while wearing a different hat, only time will tell......
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Mark Davis

Countree, and m1awolf,
Good to be at Great Falls again with you two doing all the background work it's easy have appleseed either indoor or outdoor.
Neece, and ShadowMan, it's a horrible reality, the purple patch I have been saving for Michelle did not get in the car for the trip to Great Falls, right this momment sit on my desk awating an address to send it to.
That pile of brass with the photogenic patch was just Sunday's with just 4 all day shooters. We swept up Sat night too.