News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL November 24/25/12

Started by colycat, November 26, 2012, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

It was a successful foray deep into Illinois territory in search of the real American and I came across eleven of this rare form of human at the Illinois State Rifle Range located in Bonfield.  Not only did the spirit of liberty and freedom burn in their hearts,  but they all had character of the true Rifleman and proved it though out the whole cold day on Saturday.

Sunday greeted all of us with much nicer weather and 3 of us scored Rifleman, Michelle, Ted and Nick.  Nice shooting to all.

Thank you to all the shooters who came out for the weekend.  Thanks for John and Jonathan (Yogi and Boo Boo) for your help on Saturday and a big thank you to the Illinios State Rifle Association for hosting another Appleseed at their excellent range.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

What?  No snow?  No icicles?  What a bummer!

Congratulations Riflemen!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Johnnyappleseed

11 shooters and 3 Rifleman ^5

Think those 3 may continue to  IIT?

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

colycat

Not much action on this thread :-\

I would like to give a shout out to Dave and Nick  for doing a most excellent job with the RSO duties.  You guys made my day easy.  Thank you.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

I just saw the Ted and Michelle took the orange hat at Waterman this past weekend. 

Very nice.  Michelle got a little chocked up when she won the prize with the star shoot.  It was a Bill of Rights card.  "there is nothing better than you could have given me"  she said.

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on November 27, 2012, 12:23:24 PM
11 shooters and 3 Rifleman ^5

Think those 3 may continue to  IIT?

Yogi

It was fun, and while we couldn't return Sunday we knew  the 3 shot very well and would shoot well on Sunday.  Great Job! Well done! Huzzah!
Ccat thanks for coming down and great history!