News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAr Bakersfield, CA. Nov 17-28, 2012

Started by Cal 7.62, November 21, 2012, 02:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

This weekend we had 18 fine Americans joining us despite the ominous black rain clouds and the fact that there was a gun show in town. (My bad for scheduling on a gunshow weekend, although I didn't know it when I made the schedule)  :slap:
Quite a few folks were previous Appleseeders who worked hard 7th stepping to bring extra bodies with them on their return.
Ty & Angela brought Zora, Maya & Lenea.  O0
Joe & Jennifer (who came all the way from Orange County) brought their Bakersfield friends, Greg & Holly.  O0
Steve from Reedly brought Aaron.  O0
Scott and Karen, from Tehachapi brought their daughter Jayde.  O0
We we also joined by newcomers Ron & his wife Cherri.  :)
And, rounding out our bunch was Jose   :cool2:
and an upstanding young man by the name of Parker  ;)

After the AM briefing, the dreaded redcoats made their appearance to test our student's skills. As talking targets usually do, they told us that some of the previous students had done their homework, and others needed a drink from the firehose. On the first set of squares we had lots of equipment issues to work thru.   :wb: Finally we got folks squared away and proceed with more firehose. Right before lunch, Ty had asked me to present his daughter Lenea, with his birthday gift to her. A brand new Ruger 10/22 takedown model.  Man, was she ever suprised! To top it off, we all sang Happy Birthday to this lucky young lady   ..:.. then broke for lunch & history.
We did get a trace of rain on Sat. but not enough to worry us. It had been cloudy most of the day, but on the last AQT of the day, the sun decided to break thru and shine brightly right above the target backers and into everyone's eyes. Oh well, a rifleman persists!

On Sunday everyone came back except for Jose. (We missed you Jose.) With the threat of rain still hanging over us, everyone got right to work hone the skills learned from Saturday. Although some folks had aches and pains form the day before, they persisted like true riflemen. I  O0 t was great to see them all floppin down on their bellies, getting slung up quickly and transitioning smoothly. Right around lunchtime we got our first rifleman of the weekend. Scott showed the AQT that he "knew what he was about".  O0 Shortly thereafter his wife Karen beat his score with a 223(?) and became our second rifleman, er, I mean riflewoman of the day.   O0 Some folks were startin to get worn out from the AQT grind and others were closing in on the patch. Joe finally nailed it and became rifleman #3 that day.   O0 Towards the end of the day Jennifer squeaked by with a 211 for our final rifleman score of the event.   O0
To those who got the patch, Congratulations on a job well done! And to those who didn't make it, don't quit. Remember, A RIFLEMAN PERSISTS!   :---
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington