News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Celina, Ohio November 17/18

Started by Ratchett, November 20, 2012, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

FANTASTIC!!! What more can I say... the first shoot at the Mercer County Sportsman Club was absolutely fantastic!! We had 9 shooters come out on a most definitely brisk Saturday morning eager to drink from the Appleseed fire hose and man did they do everything in their power to absorb the flow!!!

PJ and Aaron, first time 'seeders came all the way from Cincinnati, by the end of the weekend both gentlemen were shooting in 190-200 range, we just could not get them over the hump... PJ did clear the redcoat Sunday afternoon. Future Riflemen to be sure!!!

Dyllan, Bryan, and Reid were our repeat 'seeders and it was evident that some practice had occurred between seeds. Bryan and Dyllan earned their Riflemen status on the first AQT Saturday with a 210 and 211 respectively. Bryan also got the traditional Rifleman baptism for that 210. The next AQT showed that Reid was not going to be out done by his dad and he scored a 210 as well!! He received his Rifleman baptism but was more than willing to be thrown in the nearby lake. Bryan backed his score on Sunday with a 212. Dyllan switched to iron sights and backed his score as well! All three of these men are ready to pick up the orange hat and become part of the instructor cadre--- HUZZA!!

And then there was Moe, Larry, and Curly---oh wait that was really Michael, Terry and Cody   :slap:  These three guys bantered and challenged each other all weekend. They even cajoled Reid, Dyllan and Bryan pushing them to do their best as well. Michael struggled with equipment issues, hit his frustration level, took a break and came back to score that coveted Rifleman score and earn his patch. Cody earned his Rifleman patch with the highest score of the weekend with a 214. (I think it was the extra time primping at Micky D's after a night of camping, but Terry might suggest it was something else   ;)  )

I saved the best  for last--- the petite spitfire on the line was Dina, let me tell you she kept all that testostrone on the line in check!! She definitely earned her "Shoot like a girl, if you can" hat. Her score steadily improved during the AQT grind on Sunday. She will join the ranks of RifleWomen of Ohio soon, I am positive!

Thank you all for giving up a beautiful weekend away from your families to spend with us learning the Heritage of our great country and the sacrifices made by sooo many.

5 Riflemen from 9 shooters with the other 4 knocking on the door, 100% return on Sunday, everyone improved their effective range and 2 cleared the redcoat targets on Sunday. 5 new instructors on the horizon... I cannot think of anything that could have made this any more successful! Well done Celina gang!!!

Thank you Mercer County Sportsman Club for being a fantastic host for this event and continuing that partnership into 2013.

Thank you Corvette and Shooter 08, I could not have done it without you guys!!

Prayerful blessings to all during this season of Thanksgiving. Please do not forget our modern day minutemen away from family and home this holiday season--- many of you know how they are feeling at this time. God bless and protect them all!!!

til ou trails cross again...

Forever in His grip,
ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Corvette

I couldn't agree more with Ratchett, what a great, great shoot.  In fact I said that in the other AAR that I started on the Celina shoot.  I didn't communicate soon enough to Ratchett that I would go ahead and start the AAR and we both did it.  Better two than none though, so it isn't the end of the world. 

She has pictures posted on Facebook page, I have some posted on my AAR.  Feel free to put yours here so that most of them are in the same place.

I can't wait to come back to MCSA for next year's shoots.  You can count on me being there.  See you then.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

tjeffries

Be sure to mark your calendar for January 5th and 6th for a "WINTERSEED".

Same time, same place, just hoping for a little cooler weather, so if you're among the brave, come join us as we camp out on Saturday night and share stories around the campfire.

Terry Jeffries AKA Larry  :---

Corvette

For all you Celina hot shots, Slim and I will be at Lima this weekend, still spots on the line if you got nothing to do. Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

tjeffries

Hats off to all who braved the weather to attend our FIRST attempt at a winterseed in Mercer County, Ohio.  Sorry I missed Sunday's event, the puddle behind my house overflowed into my basement and I inherited a brand new indoor swimming pool.  A special thanks to Bryan and Reid for helping bail the extra ten inches of water from the pond and mopping up the basement before heading back to the firing line, and to Michael and Cody for fording the river to put gas in the pumps later Sunday evening.  Note to self, Cody's Jeep doesn't float  :sos:  Thankfully, all survived to tell the tale LOL.