News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\/\ Lake George November 17/18, 2012

Started by R1SGx2, November 20, 2012, 03:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

It is with great pleasure I am being permitted to write the report of the events of November 17/18, 2013 at Dunham's Bay Fish and Game Club. To which I would like to thank them for allowing us to use a portion of the range.

Besides the frost on the ground, teeth clattering, knees banging and shivering - I had to remind all it is still the Fall Season. This event brought 8 families to the line. A total of 26 shooters attended. And a few first for Appleseed's in the area. The mid morning showers were refreshing when the frost melted on the overhead and rained down on us. **) **) **)

Saturday - the third strike was that of the other side, this was done by an attendee Clare, who did it with an English accent. This was done nothing less then top shelf. Great presentation, - not  knowing what she was helping me with after lunch I handed he the presentation and sent her to center stage. Thank you,,, :bow: O0 :bow: O0 :bow: O0

Cindy and Shirley were to be there Saturday only, enjoyed the program so much returned on Sunday, Shirley - take the next few days off..  ^:)^Dylan and Daniel, hope to see you guys again on the trail.

Margaret and Clare, was nice to have you guys attend, Margaret, you had to be proud of Clare for her presentation. Nice work by both. What pot was I suppose to stir? @)

Bob and Trish, smiles from both the whole weekend. Trish I am telling you, Bob is sneaking up to the range practicing and not telling you,,, :cool2:

Logan and Tori were surprised with the amount of information handed them, I think Tori was more surprised to find 2 of her school teachers there, one and Instructor, the other a shooter. &)

Keith, very serious behind his CZ Rifle, must have a head ache at the end of the weekend from his concentration. David and Diane, allows a surprise and welcome to AS, Dave is not afraid to share help with others, one day would like to get him in a Orange Hat.

Maisey, Kyla, Theresa and Dan - thank you for showing. And Theresa was Top Gun  out to 200 yards, nice work. :~ :--- :~ :--- :~ :---

Our Green Mountain Boys from 2 ½ hours away in Vermont, Dan and James, they both know what they are about and in the day would have been members of Ethan Allen's
Militia.
-:)

Michael, Cheryl, and Taylor - Continue to dry fire and home, 6 step / NPOA - Very nice work by all.  :wb:

Veronica and Ethan, nice work, and THANK YOU to Veronica who brought the Instructors pumpkin pies, (I didn't share mine.). Look forward to seeing you guys soon on the trail. :bow: O0 ..:..

Jolene, June and Maranda - thank you for attending, Maranda could only be there Saturday, I think you realized there is an awful lot to firing that shot. Jolene, so involved was pointing out typo's in the targets. For all the Red Coats are to be posted at 82 Feet 25 Meters, not 16 Meters as the new red coats indicate. Nice catch. O0

Our Rifleman for the weekend were:Dan- 225, 233, 235 and a 212
James- 213
Keith- 229
Bob- 233
Dave - 212, 234, 232, 240
Nice work.

Thank you to our Instructor cadre:
LittleMo, NYRASGT, Smurf, Gregchch44, Dude, Karis-Wheel and Dude.
And thanx to our staff photographers,,,,

Thank you to all for allowing sharing your weekend with me.

Dry fire at home, shift with NPOA, there are 6 steps,,,

mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Cabin Fever

I heard was a great appleseed weekend. Sorry I missed it but I was in the woods trying to put what I learned about marksmanship to work.  This 6pt buck was almost mine. Another hunter walking in the woods saw me in their path And turned to walk to the right and shot this buck 82 feet before it would of walked in front of my 30-06. Glad that I now have confidence in my skills when I am in the woods thanks to all of the instructors mentoring. See you for the winterseed.
Shoot Like A Girl ~ If You Can!

Throughout her career, it is believed that Annie Oakley taught upwards of 15,000 women how to use a gun. Oakley believed strongly that it was crucial for women to learn how to use a gun, as not only a form of physical and mental exercise, but also to defend themselves.

Smurf

SHOOT PICTURES!!!!!!!

Smurf

MORE SHOOT PICTURES!!!!

R1SGx2

Smurf

And More Pictures!!!!!!

Smurf

Shoot Pictures!!!!

Smurf

KD PICTURES

Smurf

Awards Pictures!!!!

The Mrs.

Nice job to all.  Practice, practice, practice folks.  The 2013 Appleseed shoots are being planned and I hope to see you all on the trail next year.

Until then, enjoy your holidays.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

R1SGx2

Thank you for sharing the great photo's of this special weekend...,,,,