News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, KD Only, November 10-11, 2012

Started by Reformed Redneck, November 12, 2012, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to all,

We had a great shoot at Fernan Rod and Gun Club this past weekend. Winter finally caught up to us a bit so it was declared to be a Winterseed. Temperatures were in the lower 20's to low 30's with some snow, but no wind to speak of.

The dedicated souls who showed up for this KD only event were all Riflemen (required) from previous standard events. A couple of them were instructors.

We started with some warm ups with 5 squares and green coats to get them limbered up, verify rifle zeros, and for a brush up on marksman techniques. We finished the morning off with a standard AQT. After lunch, we covered the basic KD material and then it was off the the firing line for data collection at all distances out to our 400 yard limit. With the return of Standard Time, the sun sets at a pretty early hour at these latitudes, but we were able to squeeze in a KD AQT before dark. Results for the day: 3 repeat Riflemen on the standard AQT, one repeat KD qualification.

Sunday we began with a redcoat and some warm up drills on 5 squares, and then went straight to the KD. We were able to get in six KD AQT's during the course of the day. Net result: two new KD qualifiers, and several repeat qualification scores for the previous repeat.

Thanks to all of the shooters who came out and gave it your best shot. Those who did not qualify know what you will have to do for next time, so persist in the manner you have shown in the past.

Congratulations to all who got the KD qualification: Brent, Eric, and Todd. It was a real pleasure seeing you accomplish this. Congratulations also to the repeat standard AQT qualifiers, Brent, James, and Todd. Keep up the good work.

There should be some photos from Pro Libertate posted here before too very long. Enjoy!

Until later,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Scott1600

Great event!  Thanks for the opportunity to help out with such a great bunch of marksmen and instructors.  I saw some phenomenal groups, some persistence, and good old fashioned American Rifleman spirit which was truly inspiring.
-Scott
Here are a few photos from Saturday from my phone before the battery died:
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

Mr Pete

Scott,

I guess we both picked this weekend to get back on the trail.  Glad that you hooked up with Appleseed in the NW.  I bet you found the same thing that I found here in the SE...that Appleseed spirit is the same all over!

What is all that white stuff?!?

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Scott1600

Quote from: Mr Pete on November 13, 2012, 02:49:01 AM
Scott,

I guess we both picked this weekend to get back on the trail.  Glad that you hooked up with Appleseed in the NW.  I bet you found the same thing that I found here in the SE...that Appleseed spirit is the same all over!

What is all that white stuff?!?

-Peter
Peter,
Indeed.  Great weekend to get back in the saddle!  Two days with wonderful folks, awesome scenery/setting, the smell of cordite, and the roar of all centerfire rifles, plus some history, heritage, and hope.  Great stuff!  ^:)^

White stuff is called "snow"   -Atmospheric water vapor frozen into ice crystals and falling in light white flakes or lying on the ground as a white layer.   ;)
They say there is quite a good amount of the stuff around these parts...
-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

TruTenacity

What a great event.  Fresh, crisp, air.  Exercise.  Helping each student learn more about their rifles.  Plenty to learn from each of the students as well.  History during lunch while warming up.  Couldn't have asked for a more.

I wasn't sure if Pro Libertate would find the time to post these pictures so I pulled them from the NW Region FB page.  Enjoy.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

JoeZ

Well done. Snow and KD seem to go together. :) Great grouping on that target.

I have full distance patches in stock if any are interested.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trig

Looks like a glorious time at the range!  Way to go to our new KD rifleman!  :---
Learn to shoot today, teach to shoot tomorrow!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

TruTenacity

Hyperlink fixed.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Two Wolves

Quote from: ShadowMan on November 15, 2012, 01:54:52 AM
Quote from: TruTenacity on November 15, 2012, 01:42:22 AM

TruT,

This link goes to a full-length film called "Agenda: Grinding America Down."

ShadowMan

I have just finished watching this movie--"AGENDA" and it is the most important and informative piece of work for the saving of our country.

Everyone--and I mean Everyone--needs to watch this and learn from it! Then they need to get this in the hands of everbody they can. If this offends you, I will not apologize. You probably should not be a part of Appleseed. If Appleseeds mission is to save the country, then this film is a must watch.

Thank you for posting this link, and thank God for watching over us.

Yours in liberty, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

ID_Hezekiah

Looks like a great shoot! I really wanted to make it up to participate this year, but I waited until things had settled down after a week in San Antonio at the NSCA National Championships and the event was full when I tried to sign up.  I will register early for the next one because I really do want get up to there to meet the Reformed Redneck Crew!
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

TruTenacity

Quote from: ShadowMan on November 15, 2012, 01:54:52 AM
Quote from: TruTenacity on November 15, 2012, 01:42:22 AM

TruT,

This link goes to a full-length film called "Agenda: Grinding America Down."

ShadowMan

Thanks.  I've modified my original reply to link to the NW Region AS FB video.  It wasn't intentional.  I had copied and pasted the link to "Agenda" onto my sons' FB timelines so they could watch it, but I do believe in God's providence so it must have been God's design to have a few folks click on the link, shake their heads, then keep on watching.

Here is the link to Agenda: Grinding America Down in case anyone else is interested.  It is worth taking the one hour and thirty minutes to watch.  I don't know how long the movie will be available to view online for free so don't delay.

Amazon's description:  "When Idaho Legislator Curtis Bowers wrote a "letter to the editor" about the drastic changes in America's culture, it became the feature story on the evening news, people protested at the Capitol, and for weeks the local newspapers were filled with responses. He realized then... he'd hit on something. Ask almost anyone and you'll hear, "Communism is dead! The Berlin Wall came down." Thought the word communism isn't used anymore, this film will show the ideas behind it are alive and well. Join Bowers for a fascinating look at the people and groups that have successfully targeted America's morality and freedom in their effort to grind America down. It's a well documented AGENDA."

Two Wolves

Yep, fastest hands in the west. That reminds me of the movie Maverick (1994) When Jodie Foster said ---"Was that fast?--That was fast" all the while with her quriky little smile.  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

TruTenacity