News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN Nov 10-11, 2012 - AAR

Started by sur+rifle, November 12, 2012, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

Wow!  This may have been the most beautiful weather we have ever had for an Appleseed at Red Brush Rifle Range.  Who would have guessed clear skies and 60 to 70 degrees in November?  It was a very special Veterans Day indeed!

Thirteen enthusiastic shooters joined the line with the four objectives of a safe shoot, improved marksmanship, learning the story of April 19, and having fun.  And boy did they deliver!

Several of the shooters on the line were new to firearms and we saw a steady rise in their AQT scores from 50s on Saturday to 110s to 140s on Sunday.  And while we had no rifleman scores, we had several shooters starting to knock on the door with scores in the upper 170s to 190s.  We expect to see rifleman scores from you soon!

But even more gratifying were the youth participants who soaked in Instructor SPQR's history presentations and by the end of the weekend were quickly answering Instructor HQ's pop quiz questions on individual RW veterans (Daniel Morgan was a favorite).  On Sunday they received Young Patriot Patches to help them 'beat the drum' with all their family and friends.

It is my personal wish to see every single one of these shooters on our line again.  And I want to express great thanks to the shooters and our visiting instructors for making this shoot a success.

ironhead

This was my first of what I hope will be many more Appleseed's and it was great. While I didn't get the rifleman's patch I was able to greatly improve my shooting and confidence behind my rifle. All of the instructors were great and very helpful. I really enjoyed seeing several young kids out and learning how to shoot because they are our future. Can't wait for the next one.

Ironhead
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and of tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

HQ

What a great weekend!  The weather was absolutely amazing for November in Indiana!

A HUGE congratulations to all of our shooters this past weekend.  You stuck with it, even when you were tired and starting to lose focus - you pulled back in and really accomplished a lot!

It was great to see so many youths actively improving their marksmanship,  I look forward to seeing all of you on the line again soon!

[We'll try and post pictures really soon!]

Bryant

Sounds like a great weekend.   So how many youth shooters were there?

Ironhead, I'm glad you had a good time, and hope to see you at another IN appleseed in the future.

Where are the pics Niecie   O0

:pics:
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

ironhead

Bryant there were about 12 shooters the first day and 7 the second. There will be more shoots in my future. been telling everyone I know about the Appleseed and what it did for my shooting so far. can't wait for the next.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and of tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.