News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR Nov 10/11, AAR

Started by Prescott, November 12, 2012, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

I would like to thank Douglas Ridge Rifle Club for hosting Project Appleseed for another great event at their range.   I am thrilled that Douglas Ridge is again hosting events and this will lead to increased growth in Project Appleseed in the great state of Oregon.

We had 23 shooters participate in the event this weekend, which was a great turnout for the coldest weekend so far this fall.   The temps dropped into the mid 30s overnight, so the shooters got to lay on the chilly concrete all weekend.    I know my feet were cold, so I appreciate all the dedication that the shooters showed in coming to the range this weekend and connecting with their heritage.

Congratulations for our 4 new riflemen and our one repeat rifleman.   I knew Mark would shoot rifleman this weekend, as his initial sighter square groups on Saturday morning were within 4 MOA.   Josh and Audrey are second time AS shooters, and they did great in Springfield this summer and perfected their marksmanship this weekend and both were able to shoot a 220 point score (even though Audrey is convinced that Josh only scored 213  **).  Seraphina's first event was in Brookings, OR in August and he showed a rifleman's persistence and shot a 219 with Joni's rifle.   Bill came out and joined us on Sunday, with a new Williams sight on his 10/22.  Once he got it sighted in, he confirmed his rifleman's status.

I do not have any pictures to post, but I expect Joni will up some today or tomorrow.

This was our last event at DRRC this year, but we have requested 5 dates for next year and are working with the range to schedule the events.   We have a confirmation at the range is available on February 9/10, 2013, so we should have a Winterseed or Waterseed event on that weekend.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Well I don't know about Joni but I have a few  ;)

AmbulanceDriver

I just wanted to add to what Prescott said, it was great to have such a dedicated group of shooters come out and learn more about not only their rifles and themselves as shooters, but to learn and connect with their history and heritage....

I'll get some additional pictures posted up tonight...

Audrey

Josh and I had a lot of fun. We'll be checking the schedule to get to other events when we can. Making rifleman is a great feeling. Now to take off the scope and practice with my tech sights to get it that way. (:

Prescott

Quote from: Prescott on November 12, 2012, 04:17:06 PM
I would like to thank Douglas Ridge Rifle Club for hosting Project Appleseed for another great event at their range.   I am thrilled that Douglas Ridge is again hosting events and this will lead to increased growth in Project Appleseed in the great state of Oregon.

We had 23 shooters participate in the event this weekend, which was a great turnout for the coldest weekend so far this fall.   The temps dropped into the mid 30s overnight, so the shooters got to lay on the chilly concrete all weekend.    I know my feet were cold, so I appreciate all the dedication that the shooters showed in coming to the range this weekend and connecting with their heritage.

Congratulations for our 4 new riflemen and our one repeat rifleman.   I knew Mark would shoot rifleman this weekend, as his initial sighter square groups on Saturday morning were within 4 MOA.   Josh and Audrey are second time AS shooters, and they did great in Springfield this summer and perfected their marksmanship this weekend and both were able to shoot a 220 point score (even though Audrey is convinced that Josh only scored 213  **).  Seraphina's first event was in Brookings, OR in August and he showed a rifleman's persistence and shot a 219 with Joni's rifle.   Bill came out and joined us on Sunday, with a new Williams sight on his 10/22.  Once he got it sighted in, he confirmed his rifleman's status.

I do not have any pictures to post, but I expect Joni will up some today or tomorrow.

This was our last event at DRRC this year, but we have requested 5 dates for next year and are working with the range to schedule the events.   We have a confirmation at the range is available on February 9/10, 2013, so we should have a Winterseed or Waterseed event on that weekend.

It was a pleasant surprise that two unannounced instructors showed up to help this week!  I am very appreciative that Earl came down down to help out on Saturday and that Pvt. Joker showed up on Sunday.  Thanks for the help gentlemen, and it was great seeing you.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Audrey

I have a feeling that you, Prescott, had something to add there?

I'm looking forward to Joni's pictures link for this event; I appreciate everyone sharing their photos.

Earl

Very happy to be able to help on Saturday, very glad to see the improvement in all the shooters, and hear the three strikes again. This is always a great step in the correct direction. I thought Kimber Custom was so cool in having a picture (9x11) of his receiving his Rifleman patch at my hands. Now if the crew would immediately change from coach/instructor on 'Lock and Clear' there would be more time on shooting skills.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Mherriford

I just wanted to post up and say a big thank you to everyone who helped put this weekend on. Jayde and I had a fantastic time regardless of the weather!!!!! It was definitely a great feeling to get my rifleman patch!! We cant wait to go to some more appleseed shoots. Thanks again to everyone and to Douglas Ridge.

Mark

AmbulanceDriver

Sorry it took so long to get these up, it's been a crazy week.....

Audrey

Joni

Here are the Joni pictures. I did not take very many and didn't think anyone would miss mine!! sorry!

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2012Nov1011EagleCreekOR?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPm-kIStttS1Sw&feat=directlink

click on the above link and take the ones you want.

Congratulations to all the new riflemen/riflewoman! good job!

Audrey

Thanks for posting them anyway! Your camera has better lighting than the others; it's not so dim.