News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manhattan Nov 9/10

Started by kDan, November 10, 2012, 09:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Water in the streets, and a week without power, but we're still here.  Three blocks from Westside Range, the Fire Department First Responder Station was evacuated for three days.  You folks out there in real America just go about your business.  We'll be fine.  But keep in mind, canned goods float, cars don't, and no matter where you live, gasoline comes from very far away and won't come out of the magical endless ATM robot unless there's electricity.  Good thing global warming is a myth and you've got Walmart, right!

Anyway, some photos.  We're right back at it tonight, with more shooters.  Our regulars don't come out on Friday night cuz it's just kDan talking for three hours in exchange for a lone hour of shooting.  But it's good like that so we can get newbies up to speed before we get into Saturday Night Fever!  It's also good like that cuz kDan can talk!

I'd like to send out props to NYC preppers who have been showing more and more of a presence at these events.  Good people, and good to know. 

Well, like I said, some pictures.  I think my dough is ready to be punched down anyway.  See some y'all tonight, and the rest of you tomorrow!

Fuzzy foto of a fuzzy shoot boss, but I still believe in Appleseed!

Our Russians from New Jersey.  Mom took part in a mandatory marksmanship program in her communist high school (imagine that!); Dad got to high school after perestroika so did not; and Junior is growing up in America, where you can still shoot if you want to, but hurry!

Friday night lights

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Fred

Nice to see you guys are still hanging in there! :) O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

M1NC

Glad to hear you're doing ok kDan - a rifleman preservers and it looks like you're providing a great example of that!
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

LittleMo

A rifleman persists! Great job, Dan!

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter