News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ossian, IN Nov. 3-4

Started by spitfire51, November 05, 2012, 11:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

When Saturday morning dawned at the Ossian Conservation Club, the air was crisp, the ground was semi-frozen, and 8 Americans left the warm comfort of the clubhouse to learn the marksmanship skills of our forefathers.  While the sun came out in brief spurts just long enough to make us think it was going to warm up, our students soaked in the lessons and proved that learning was occurring by shrinking down those groups.  A warm lunch of hot dogs and ding-dong cake accompanied the first stories of the fateful day of April 19, 1775, and then it was back outside to learn more positions.  The shooters proved just as adept at shooting from standing and sitting, so we threw them right to the wolves with an AQT.  With a promise that more AQTs would come tomorrow, we finished Saturday by showing an absolutely remarkable improvement on the afternoon redcoat.

Sunday morning gave us an in-depth review of everything learned, some ogling of a Garand, and the tales of Dangerous Old Men and Women.  Then the AQT grind, which proved to not be a huge grind to these dedicated Americans.  After some heart-breaking scores, multiple 204s and 205s, they persisted through the frustration and by the end of the day we had 4, count 'em 4, new Riflemen.  Made the Shoot Boss darned proud to have been around these wonderful people for a couple days.  I'd been hearing great things about this range, its facilities, and the shooters it brings in, and this weekend proved everything I had heard was right on.   
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Bryant

Thanks to Spitfire & Sentinel for another great OCC Appleseed!   O0

What a great group of shooters we had.  I brought my friend Don (Don't Shoot Me), who still had enough army in 'em to listen and put the instruction to work immediately and his scores started to rise.  He was just under the magic score on Saturday and Sunday he was one of the 4 rifleman made this weekend.

It took me 4 Appleseeds to shoot over 210, & now after my 6th seed I finally took a hat.  Now I can do my part to help mold Americans into Riflemen  &)

And now, on to some pics I took.   :pop:

Sentinel starting to explain the 6 steps to firing the shot

Rifleman #1

Rifleman #2

Riflewoman #3

Rifleman #4

Bryant (Me) requalified again and also accepted the Orange hat from Spitfire51

Sunday AQT #4 Video
http://youtu.be/kAFQ4lzer_Y
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

spitfire51

Thank you Bryant for putting those pictures up, you managed to get better ones than I did.  I do want to point out that Mike (Rifleman #2 in the pictures) put together a perfect stage 4 on the AQT where he shot Rifleman.  50 out of 50, very impressive.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Bryant

You tube removed the AQT video because it was too long.  bummer
-----------------

AuntieBellum

Looks like another great event at Ossian Conservation Club!  Congrats to the new Riflemen, and a huge THANK YOU to Bryant for taking on the orange hat.   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bryant

-----------------