News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta IN, Nov 3-4 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, November 05, 2012, 10:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Well, we almost had to hand out Winterseed patches. Saturday started out just cold and quickly turned to sleet and wind, it certainly did not get warmer.

We didn't care. The students just pressed on and focused on the instruction. That is the riflemen in them, perseverance was alive and kicking all weekend. We worked through the course of instruction in great time. Hawkhavn provided outstanding instruction, Slow2Speak and Kate made certain everyone got some hands on time, Stagehand Steve kept us on the clock and sticking to the course of fire. Maynard stayed busy just keeping up. (first time as an IIT is more to digest than his first Appleseed I think was his comment Saturday evening ;^) Niecie and Acutee made sure all the little details that a Shoot Boss forgets were covered.

But we got through it all and saw huge improvement in shooting as everyone settled into their slings and worked on their steady hold factors. We all went home confident that the students got the best, and were working to grasp the material.

Sunday, Sunday we got sunshine, some mostly clear skies, and a quick trip through the five squares to loosen up before we dived right into the AQT grind. And grind we did, with seven AQTs completed and time for a NPOA drill on a five square to boot. It's no exaggeration to say the instructors were impressed. The way everyone took the instruction and applied every tidbit given was fantastic to watch. A fine line of Rifleman was seen Sunday afternoon where a ragged group of shooters were laying Saturday morning.

A shoot boss can be proud to say there were six Rifleman patches handed out, but more importantly there were thirteen Americans listening intently to the history and remembering the answers to the four questions. The first part is fun, the second part is why we keep doing what we do.

We all commented at the end of the day Sunday what a good event it was, how much we enjoyed spending the weekend with a fine group in such a great place. Thank you all for spending your time with us. Now for that seventh step to firing the shot. Come back, and bring a friend, we got about 299,999,987 Americans to go.

Let's see if Niecie has some pictures for us.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

Impressed does not even begin to describe watching these fine Americans soak up instruction and learn what they are about! Congratulations to all of our new Riflemen!

Special thanks to all the instructors who answered the muster drum. 

Also, an extra special thanks to Acutee for all of the fantastic support and the most amazing pot roast for Saturday dinner. Thank you SO much for ALL you do for the program, and all of us   :bow:

Here are a few of the pictures I took this weekend  ;D

Enjoy,

Niecie

Good Morning Shooters!

First order of the day, a new Orange hat! Welcome Maynard!!

Now let's shoot some Red Coats!

Time for some instruction from Hawkhavn modeled by Kate.

Some personal attention.

Now they show what they have learned..

Okay, this sling business works!

Remember, if you don't do it right, Kate won't let it go >:D

Look at all the smiles! In spite of the sleet, cold, and just plain lousy weather, everyone had a great day.

Sunday morning brought determination and several new shooters to the line.

Sunday morning  - lots of one on one time.

and questions...

Slow2speak worked with the brand new shooters and got them up to speed quickly. Definitely the right man for the job.

Maynard still drinking from the fire hose, takes in all of the instructor duties. Great job on your first Orange-hat weekend!

Let's shoot some AQTs ^:)^ How about SEVEN of them?  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Even the instructors wanted to get in on the action.

"A good line boss keeps you on task, beats back the time monkey, and ensures the POI is completed. A great line boss is worthy of pampering, even when they forget their hat." --YHJ

Patches anyone? How about 6 of them  ^:)^ ^:)^
First up, James

Neri

Jeff

Jeremy

Tony

and Andy with a 210....

Yep! We did...

Congratulations to all!!

Thank you to everyone that came out for a fantastic weekend! Hope to see you all on the line soon!

Parting shot... What better way to spend a weekend?

2befedup

This was my first appleseed. I went in thinking it was going to be very elementary. Indeed it was. It's amazing how much the simple things can improve your shot. The instucton was wonderful and the history was second to none. It was cold and wet but yet everyone had a blast. I walked away with not only a better set of rifleman's skills, but a greater since of pride in my country! I would like to thank all of the instructors for their extreme generosity and the Passion they showed for what they were teaching, not to mention the time and resources of their own that they devote the program. It was an absolute blast and I will definitely be back very soon!
                                                                                    Thanks,
                                                                                                  Jeremy

Bryant

Wow!  6 Riflemen  O0

Looks like a great seed
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

kate

QuoteI walked away with not only a better set of rifleman's skills, but a greater since of pride in my country!
HUZZAH!!  O0

This weekend had probably to worst weather I have ever instructed in, but it was one of the best groups of shooters I've worked with so far! A BIG thank you to you guys for making my weekend a blast  ;D   (and to YellowHouseJake, for tying my bootlaces when my fingers were numb)

QuoteRemember, if you don't do it right, Kate won't let it go >:D
Persistence is key   ~~:)  They've gotta break sometime   ;)

I hope to see everyone back on the line soon (and some maybe in an orange hat  :cool2: )

Happy bailing,
kate

Slow2Speak

Great bunch to work with largest % of shooters at one shoot that I have seen shoot Rifleman hope you all learned some skills but even more hope you all left thinking a little more about what we have as Americans  and how we got it. Thanks to all for coming out and thanks to Yellowhouse for makin it happen. Now get to 7th steppin shooters  we are the posterity and we got a Republic to preserve O0