News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Centerton, AR Nov. 3-4 AAR

Started by hornet41, November 05, 2012, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Saturday dawned crisp and cool with a light breeze. Perfect Appleseed weather!! As the AR youth deer season opened this weekend, I suspect that is the main reason for lack of attendance. In spite of that we had two eager shooters show up to be immersed in history and marksmanship. Paula and Willis were excellent students and showed great progress over the weekend. Willis had trouble with getting a proper sight alignment due to his scope bases being in the way. He had taken his scope off but not the bases. After removing the bases he still had problems with getting a good sight picture. He struggled through the day, slogging doggedly on, to his credit!!! That's persistence!!!! I suggested he remount his scope and we would sight it in Sunday morning on the squares.
Paula also had problems with sights on her Ruger and borrowed another Ruger with tech sights. Made a big difference for her. She progressed well through the day. We ran numerous NPOA drills as that was where the most improvement was needed.
Sunday dawned somewhat cooler and with a breeze but warmed up quickly. Again another great Appleseed day!! Willis showed up with his scope mounted. With smiler's great IMC presentation fresh in his mind, he shot a group. He was 15 MOA low and 8 MOA left. At the target we went through the IMC and he made the proper adjustments and fired another group. Guess what????? That IMC stuff really works!!! Just a hair to the right of the square. A minor adjustment to the left and right on!!!! Paula and Willis made great progress through the day. Didn't make rifleman but really made them determined to practice at home and come back in December!!
Sunday afternoon after "grinding" for a while, we broke out the big guns for some fun. Two M1 Garands and two M1A's. Everyone was smiling!!!!
I must mention our great IIT's. Smiler, libby and kat. They did a great job!!!! They kept me straight and that's saying a lot!! A heartfelt thanks to them!!
hornet41

wdteel

I just want to give a big thank you to Hornet41 and all of the Appleseed crew at the Centerton event!   I am not the best shooter, but I learned a lot and improved so much over the weekend.   Looking forward to the next Appleseed in December!
wdteel