News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Appleseed Lake Jackson, TX Nov 3-4, 2012

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, November 05, 2012, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

AAR Appleseed Lake Jackson, TX Nov 3-4, 2012

I haven't had much internet time lately...hence the delay posting this.

Brian, Cathi, Tom and Dylan of Greenwood helped me set up the firing line and target backers on Friday before the shoot. Thanks again for your help - this saved a lot of time Saturday - time we needed.

Dragit, Two Wolves & Green Bean - thank you for volunteering and driving so far to help with this shoot.

Saturday:

We certainly had a crowd at this one! 27 shooters participated on Saturday. 16 of them were youth. A youth group from a church chose this Appleseed event for Saturday only. Many were first time shooters and most were equipped with tube fed rifles. I commend the man who brought the young shooters to this Appleseed.

The tube fed rifles and new to shooting shooters did mean we needed to slow the pace of Saturday's activities but it was well worth it. We invested extra time covering the safety rules and safe rifle procedures and that investment paid off. The young (and not so young) shooters conducted themselves well and stayed safe throughout the day and seemed to have a lot of fun.

At lunch we gathered under the massive oak tree dubbed The Liberty Tree. dragit told an excellent 1st and 2nd strike of the match.

I chose to call it a day when it began to rain at about 4:00PM. Now mind you, just look at the Sept 2012 College Station, TX AAR - rain doesn't concern me. I simply had compassion on the youth leader as I imagine he would be the one responsible for cleaning almost 20 soaking wet rifles and dealing with almost 20 some odd muddied youths. We adjourned to the indoor classroom where I told the 3rd strike and called it a day.

Sunday:

11 shooters returned and two walked on for a total of 13. The walk-ons had been to an Appleseed two years ago.

We shot a Redcoat target then focused on getting rifles zeroed for score. Shooters went through 4 AQTs, then a Redcoat at the end of the day, then one more AQT for those who wanted to try once again as the sun was getting low.

Brian made rifleman with a score of 220 early on Sunday.

Dustin made rifleman with a score of 210 - so of course we had to have him get wet.

Candace was oh so close with a 209.

Darcey IV was doing great getting up in the 190's.

Everyone made significant improvement, but scores were tapering off on the last AQT.

I want to thank the Sunday shooters for their patience with the youths on Saturday. I hope the challenging pace of Sunday's activities made it worthwhile.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Green Bean

Thank you Sir for a good shoot.  It was good to see almost 20 youths on the line saturday.  Sunday was a riot RSO'ing with Drill Instructor Two Wolves.  Two Wolves Sunday sermon on Liberty was great.  I think his blue hat is turning purple (red+blue).

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Two Wolves

Lake Jackson in November. Fantastic!  ^:)^

Saturday brought us a plethora of young, enthusiastic new students along with several great mentors, all being from a church group. Thanks guys for your participation this weekend.  O0

While the line shrank on Sunday, (still a respectable 18 shooters), the entertainment and the instruction increased ten fold!  ;D Taylor, Dustin and Jonathon, thank you for a memorable personable experience. Congratulations Dustin on your Rifleman's score, maybe you can coax/coach Jonathon along. LOL Taylor, if you had wings I bet you could fly.  **)  No amount of fun would be complete without my friend and tormentor Green Bean.   >:D  You did an excellent job calling the line on Sunday.  O0 (Your preparation period begins now!)  :wb:

Congratulations to our other new rifleman and our almost new riflewoman (a 209).  ^:)^

Thank you Cathy, Tom and Dylan for putting this event together. The Appleseed message and mission is strengthened by your enduring efforts.  :bow:  I sincerely hope our paths cross once again.

It was my pleasure to meet you Costa and to work through the difficulties we encountered. Now, I too believe in gremlins.  #)  Costa, if you will work at acquiring your NPOA more quickly and using the rifleman's cadence you too will achieve a rifleman's score.  &)

Chase, thank you for coming out on Saturday. I predict good things for you. God is smiling at you.  :)

SNAITF, take a bow   :bow:(or two)  :bow:  :bow:  for running yet another great shoot. It's always a pleasure to be in your company and we sincerely thank Mr. Riggs for his hospitality.  @)

To everyone else who joined us this weekend, (Darcy, Darcy Jr., Daniel, Aaron, Brian, Candice, Amber) and anyone that I might have left out, Thank you for taking part in this Appleseed.   ;)

Remember, I need your help and Appleseed needs your help to further the Appleseed mission. Strengthening America, one rifleman at a time.  :sb: 
Yours in Liberty, Two Wolves  :cool2:

:pics:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

CaptG

Congrats Guys,
Wish I could have been there, but just got back to work after missing 3 weeks due to appendicitis. Can't wait to see ya'll again on the trail, till then doing my bailing from the house.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Turd Ferguson

Steve, Rodger, Ron and Tommy,

Taylor, Jonathan and my self all had a great time. Especially Sunday!! ;D The humor really made my second Appleseed shoot a lot of fun. I think it's safe to say that good times were had by all. We all look forward to going to another shoot.

Dustin
"Men fight for Liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." - D.H. Lawrence

"Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." -John Wayne

TinkTheHustler

I FINALLY have a chance to post here:

I had a great time!! I'm glad Dustin, a new Rifleman, told me about y'all. I hope to make it to Fredericksburg on December 22 and 23 but that will depend on my work schedule.

Roger- Thank you for the one-on-one instruction before and during the shoots, sir. I am keeping my finger on the trigger. I also wake up in cold sweats thinking about it.

Tommy- Man, you really helped tighten up my grouping with your tips down range. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

Greenbean- You did great on the line, Sunday. You made the whole weekend a blast for all of us; pun intended. You are a funny guy.

Steve- You brought it ALL together! You kept everyone safe and taught a well planned lesson. We all were impressed at how well you know, and can teach, the history portion of the weekend. The "belt buckle shift" with the laser attached will stick with me forever.

Great job everyone!! I hope to make another one soon.

Taylor

Green Bean

Quote from: TinkTheHustler on November 16, 2012, 04:42:28 AM
I had a great time!! I'm glad Dustin, a new Rifleman, told me about y'all. I hope to make it to Fredericksburg on December 22 and 23 but that will depend on my work.

The Frederiskburg shoot is the weekend of Dec 1st and 2nd.  Davilla is the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd. 

Hope to see you soon.

SteelThunder

What are all you people doing in shorts and t-shirts in November?
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Two Wolves