News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckeye, AZ - Nov 3-4, 2012

Started by azmule, November 05, 2012, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Another great Appleseed weekend at the Joe Foss Shooting Facility in Buckeye, Arizona.  17 eager shooters hit the line on Saturday morning after a quick introduction and safety briefing.  Ages ranged from 12 to 83, experience level from life-long rifle shooters to first timer.  Groups tightened steadily throughout the morning, followed by a break for lunch and the story of April 19th, 1775.  By the end of the day, and with our first AQT of the weekend, James (who had also cleaned his Redcoat target) had joined the ranks of the Rifleman - Huzzah!

Seven shooters returned on Sunday, and after a quick review, dug right in, breaking at lunch for stories of Dangerous old men and a discussion of the additional skills involved to apply skills learned out to 500M.  The mornings of both days were wonderfully temperate for Arizona, but by afternoon the sun was fully on the line and taking its toll.  Although a few more came close, there unfortunately were no additional Riflemen on Sunday.

Buckeye shooters, this is the place for pictures, questions, discussion, etc. about the the November Buckeye, AZ Appleseed.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

PaxxAZ

So Sorry,

These where all Taken Late Saturday. Sun was hiding itself, and I was not fast enough on the trigger to get good shots in :wb:.

But here is what I got.

There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

Scott1911

Well, even without pics I still had a great time . This was my third Appleseed and I'm still learning so much. I just enrolled for the December shoot. Thanks again to all the instructors for all thief time and commitment.